PC Peripherals Suggestions for Gaming Mouse

abanchii

Recruit
Jul 26, 2012
@abanchii you can visit SMC International [at Nehru Place], I think I saw the Corsair M60 with those chaps recently and it never hurts to ask.

Called up SMC International today, they currently don't have the M60 with them. :(

Yes even if some one has hands on Razer DA then if his DA will get kaput in 2 months, he will again go for DA. Thats a gamer taste. Changing mouse in CS1.6 is impossible for me. I played CS with DA and all other games with my SS. :p

Just speaking from personal experience, try out some new devices, you might like it better than the ones you are already using. Normally we get so much accustomed and comfortable with a product that we sometimes don't even want to try out other products which might turn out to be better. You can call it mental block, product / brand preference, etc. but I guess everyone of us suffer from it.

As for me, with all due respect to everybody's individual preferences, I would rather go for a product which will have longer life and better performance than go for a flashy or inexpensive product.

Last edited by a moderator:

abanchii

Recruit
Jul 26, 2012
@abanchii you can visit SMC International [at Nehru Place], I think I saw the Corsair M60 with those chaps recently and it never hurts to ask.

Called up SMC International today, they currently don't have the M60 with them. :(

Would really appreciate if you could provide any contacts in Delhi from where I can get a decent price for Corsair Vengeance M60.

Yes even if some one has hands on Razer DA then if his DA will get kaput in 2 months, he will again go for DA. Thats a gamer taste. Changing mouse in CS1.6 is impossible for me. I played CS with DA and all other games with my SS. :p

From my personal experience I can say that, we sometimes retain using our older preferred equipment even if there are new products which might even perform much better. Call it mental block, product / brand preference, etc. but I guess everyone of us suffer form this.

With due respect to everybody's personal preference, I would rather go for a product that has a longer life span and better performance than a flashy or inexpensive one.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
does m60 have on the fly dpi??

Yes it has on-the-fly dpi adjustment, it has a specialized thumb button for jumping directly between two dpi settings as well [not cycling through all the options], it is called the SNIPER-button.

It has three centre-line fully customisable switches that complete the set.

abanchii

Recruit
Jul 26, 2012
Yes it has on-the-fly dpi adjustment, it has a specialized thumb button for jumping directly between two dpi settings as well [not cycling through all the options], it is called the SNIPER-button.

I had contacted SMC International but they dont have to M60.

Can someone please give some contact details from where I can get the on ground price of M60. I live in New Delhi, and I guess there should be a shop in Nehru Place which sells Corsair.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Can someone please give some contact details from where I can get the on ground price of M60. I live in New Delhi, and I guess there should be a shop in Nehru Place which sells Corsair.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India

Check at Computer Empire as well [it is on the same row of shops as SMC International, just go left from SMC's store-front].

Another option is getting it from Prime ABGB, Bombay OR hardwire.in --> Corsair Vengeance M60 Gaming Mouse - Hardwire.in.

If you want to get anything from Prime talk to @chiragsthakur, he helped me source a cooler from there.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

abanchii

Recruit
Jul 26, 2012
Check at Computer Empire as well [it is on the same row of shops as SMC International, just go left from SMC's store-front].

Another option is getting it from Prime ABGB, Bombay OR hardwire.in --> Corsair Vengeance M60 Gaming Mouse - Hardwire.in.

If you want to get anything from Prime talk to @chiragsthakur, he helped me source a cooler from there.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Thanks for the info.

Going to Nehru Place tomorrow. Fingers crossed! Currently a bit biased towards the G400 since Logitech is giving 3 years warranty and a lot of people have recommended the same, however, will check out on the other recommended products also.

Can anybody tell which mouse mat is best suited for the g400. I find the dimensions of Cooler Master Storm Tactics DC to be quite big and since I'll be using with my 14" Alienware, I think it might be overkill. Checked out the QCK series of SteelSeries, but its thickness seemed quite less compared to Razer Goliathus and has a cloth feel to it. Call me crazy, but I sometimes keep playing playing through out the night on my bed itself so I think Goliathus's thickness of 3mm will do its job. Also, I found out that the dimensions of the Razer Goliathus Standard size mats to be very similar to my Alienware m14x and therefore will act as a cover also. However, can't finalise on which one to choose, Speed or Control, what might be the differences? Or on the other hand, should I go for a hard mat?

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
@abanchii go for the Goliathus Control edition and kick the mouse into high-sensitivity mode to get the best responsiveness from the combo.

Hard mat is better for LASER sensor. Cheerio!!

P.S. -- personally I dislike the SteelSeries mice and mouse-mats.

abanchii

Recruit
Jul 26, 2012
Finally got my mouse & mat yesterday!

The chosen mouse: Logitech G400 @ Rs. 1580

The chosen mat: Razer Goliathus Fragged Edition Standard Control @ 700

Total: 2280

Here's my feedback of the above products:

The Logitech G400 feels like a sturdy & solid mouse. Initially the mouse felt big in my hands but getting the hang of it. One thing which could have been done away with is the small bump / hump just of the right of the right click button, which might have been put the to accommodate the little finger. This would have given a much cleaner feel to the mouse. I guess, in few days time I will get comfortable with the mouse. Overall I'm really satisfied about the mouse and Logitech does give 3 years warranty on its mice so actually you will have no reason to complain. There are very few mice in this price range which are game worthy and the G400 does carry the lineage from the MX518. Another thing which should be taken note of is that Logitech does not provide any drivers or software along with the product so basically you have to go to their website and download the software related to the G400 accordingly.

About the Raser Goliathus Standard Control mat, well initially i had done some research, and found out that the dimensions of Goliathus standard size mat was almost similar to the size of my Alienware m14x and which will also help is covering the laptop or act as a base for the laptop if required. And the size of this mat is actually adequate, anything bigger would actually had been an overkill, at least for me. This mat is a thick mat, and due to its rubbery base, it does stay at its place. It also has anti-fraying stitching along its sides which will prevent the sides from getting damaged and give the mat a longer life. Believe in me, when i say that I'm actually using the mouse and mat on my bed while I'm giving this feedback and its actually comfortable. Razer gives only 1 year warrant, but since the thing is without any electronic component, if you take care of your mat it will stay with you for a much longer duration.

Hope this feedback helps.

Oh! BTW, in all probability, my next purchase will be an Cooler Master Notepal U2 for my laptop. Inquired yesterday, it comes at about Rs. 1450 - 1500.

@abanchii go for the Goliathus Control edition and kick the mouse into high-sensitivity mode to get the best responsiveness from the combo.

Hard mat is better for LASER sensor. .

I totally agree, the mouse and the mat work in unison. The mouse just glides over the mat.

Thank you once again for your valued suggestions which helped me in choosing the products.