Suggestions for good anime/manga

Re: Anime Fans

great teacher onizuka.....one of my favorite seriess

ive heard a lot about 'legend of galactic heroes'

its supposedy the best anime ever made....from the 80s

am trying to get a hold of it

@ Nukeu - I started the legend of galactic heroes, however didn't like it that much ...

Finished Darker than Black first season. It's a good dark anime, and the whole concept was quite nice. And for once, the lead character is not whiny. Looking forward to the next season.

If anyone is looking for cyberpunk, then Xam'd is something I would recommend, brilliant anime IMO !

Also watched and liked Canaan.

Am waiting for the season of Bakemonogatari to finish, so that I can watch it in one go ! :)

As for nukeu's taste, I especially like hi taste in figurines :p

The only anime I am religiously following right now is Kemono no Souja Erin , however the latter half has been a bit disappointing. I like the characters that are there though, so will persevere.

I might have mentioned this before, but one of the most hilarious anime I have ever watched is the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei series. Currently watching second season. Don't look for continuity in the series, but it has something different in each episode. The artwork and voice over are just perfect too :) ... for such a weird anime ...

@ Nukeu - I started the legend of galactic heroes, however didn't like it that much ...

Finished Darker than Black first season. It's a good dark anime, and the whole concept was quite nice. And for once, the lead character is not whiny. Looking forward to the next season.

If anyone is looking for cyberpunk, then Xam'd is something I would recommend, brilliant anime IMO !

Also watched and liked Canaan.

Am waiting for the season of Bakemonogatari to finish, so that I can watch it in one go ! :)

As for nukeu's taste, I especially like his taste in figurines :p

The only anime I am religiously following right now is Kemono no Souja Erin , however the latter half has been a bit disappointing. I like the characters that are there though, so will persevere.

I might have mentioned this before, but one of the most hilarious anime I have ever watched is the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei series. Currently watching second season. Don't look for continuity in the series, but it has something different in each episode. The artwork and voice over are just perfect too ... for such a weird anime ...

Bakemonogatari is excellent. Thinking of rewatching it sometime soon which is something I hardly ever do for animes.

started watching Kaleido Star. The series is quite good.

edit: forgot to add - read the Hoshi no Koe manga. its excellent. wonder if the OVA is as good as this. seems manga was made on the OVA for a change. lol.

hoshi no koe-voices of a distant star ova is breathtaking

it was shinkai's first full length movie...made by himself alone with a few friends helping out with voiceacting

a must watch

also try his later movies like 'the promised land' and 5cm/sec

Like everyone previously who watched mentioned here, Baccano is awesome.

The first episode was confusing though. Watching later episodes makes it more and more clearer.

Also saw Battle Angel Alita.

Very different from the manga version. i liked the manga more than the ova.

nukeu666 said:
hoshi no koe-voices of a distant star ova is breathtaking
it was shinkai's first full length movie...made by himself alone with a few friends helping out with voiceacting
a must watch

also try his later movies like 'the promised land' and 5cm/sec
i saw 5cm/sec boy was it boring but the visuals were beautifully detailed but the story really put me to sleep i wish it could have been as intresting as whisper of the heart by kondo.

last night saw the Dead Leaves movie. dont have too many expectations from it. you'll need to stop thinking and just watch it to enjoy it.

Watched Initial D this weekend.. Very good anime, anyone who likes racing movies(eg . - Tokyo drift) will probably like this too.. any other anime like this?? I guess this is the only one. One more anime is there in which a girl rides a bike(OVA 12 Episodes). gonna watch that too.

Lazzy Boy said:
I wonder how many of you into anime...:chinese:

I have watched only two anime's till now i.e DBZ and Naruto.'
But its only after watching Naruto shippuuden that i decided to download a few anime lyk rurouni kenshin,death note,bleach,full metal alchemist.

Need suggestion Guyz for a good Anime....:hap2:
I am huge fan of bleach tv show.i think you are also fan of this show.Pokemon tv show is another tv show which is very famous.

Some suggestions from my side

Gakuen Alice
Honey and Clover
Honey and Clover 2
Full Metal Panic is kinda sloww.
Death Note ... must watch
Hungry Heart

I cant remember much now :p Will have to go home and check :p

Just started on Kemono No Souja Erin. Since its from the writer of Moribito, I am pretty sure that this is going to be excellent too.

Back