Suggestions needed for 11.6" or 12" netbook

SOM1

Disciple
I am considering :

ASUS 1225C - Atom N2800

But read from some reviews that AMD E 450 is far better than N2800

REVIEW 1 REVIEW 2

Please guide me arrive at a conclusion ...

My budget is ~20K and 11.6/12" screen only.

Other models can also be considered ..

Don't go for Atom-based netbooks. They offer you very basic functionality. AMD E450 based netbooks offer you great general purpose functionality of a low-end notebook. What budget are you looking at?

My Budget 20K ...

is there any AMD E-450 based netbook being retailed in India ?

ASUS 1225B has AMD E450 .. but it does not retail in india atleadt not on flipkart/ebay

- - - Updated - - -

Someone please chip in .. need to close on this little early ...

- - - Updated - - -

30 views and only 1 response :(

i am parallelly doing my research .. but please help me in closing on this one ... lil urgent ...

- - - Updated - - -

Found out a good one .. but sadly not available in India ..

Check if following options are available.

[h=3]HP Dm1
Sony Vaio VPCYB35AN/B[/h]Both are available with E450, though possibly a bit out of your budget.

HP DM1 based on Fusion E450 is a sluggish machine. Wont recommend it.
Although it may be slow because of the dozen bloatware it comes pre loaded with.
For some reasons the CPU usage remains close to 60% even with no app running
Even while browsing it seems that the laptop is under much load:unsure:
I was unable to run a full HD movie smoothly...lots of framing. 720p is fine
Build quality is good & its quite lightweight. The hinges are very odd though, very plasticky.

The best part is for such a small laptop the speakers are quite good if you enable the beats audio enhancement. The screen quality is also much better than the equivalent Samsung laptop & on par with the Sony E350 based laptop but the Sony runs much smoother than DM1.
The headphone out is pretty powerful too. It could run my 150ohm headphone louder than a portable amplifier such as Fiio E11.

I bought the DM1 for 24.2k with no extra accessories /carry bag.
I could not test a demo DM1 else would have gone for Sony.

was off for two days .. and happy at seeing a couple of replies ..including the mod !!

kinda bit late now to publish my findings .. but will surely do with reasoning ...

Have kinda shortlisted HP DM1Z-4200 .. but Oyster is making me think again ...

With touch base tomorrow :) .. thanks everyone ...

That's exactly the laptop i've got.
The touchpad buttons placement is really awful. They are so close to the edge that it feels very unusual.
Do not buy before a hands on. Its not that the processor is the bottleneck because the Sony laptop with same proc ran much smoother. HP must have some inefficient BIOS or something......

E450 is not that bad as someone (^) said. Its fine for all kinds of general tasks plus HTPC. You can do all kind works, albiet with a bit patience. I own an Asus U32U. Although its costly (26k) for a brazos, but I still feel it beats the hell out of all the other so called "netbooks" out there. Have a look at it.

guys,I need a very basic net book to surf net & process word,excel & PowerPoint presentation.For gaming & other needs have a good PC but need mobility due project work.
Budget is as cheap as possible.

Back