Suggestions needed for a phone upto 5k

xtremegforce

Disciple
Hi

Please suggest a good feature rich phone.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 5k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar/ Slider

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Nokia, Samsung, Motorola maybe Spice(if its good in this range)

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen/Qwerty

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Doesn't matter, won't be using it for photography.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: No Preference

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: No Preference

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Nokia c2-02, Motorola Brea EX119, Samsung Champ 3303 , Sony Spiro, Sony Ericsson Yendo W150i

Any suggestions or feedback regarding Micromax x600(like the styling), Micromax x550 CUBE or maybe Spice M-6800 FLO.

Has anyone of you ever used a videocon mobile phone. V1665 and V1755 have great specs. Don't know how do they perform in real world.

Preferably with a 3.5mm mainly for music and general purpose.

Thanks a Lot

XtremeGforce

If browsing is one of your important needs then try a smartphone.

TE doesn't load on my Champ and shows out of memory error. That was the main reason why i upgraded it to Nokia 5233. Now TE loads fine. The screen resolution of 640*360 is also best in class. But if i open 4 or more tabs of TE in Opera then even this phone gives out of memory error :/

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Buy Nokia 5233 (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews ~5.3k after discount from letsbuy with a free case and screen guard.

But if you are only going to browse mobile websites like m.cricinfo or less heavy websites the champ will do fine. :)

^Yendo has a laggy UI. Spiro has a bad build and the OS is not great. (Its not manufactured by Sony but a rebranded Sagem IINM) So avoid both.
You can consider the SE Cedar ~4.25k if you go for an SE. It has good build, decent music and also 3G HSDPA 7.2Mbps.

Not much idea regarding Micromax, Spice etc... Also not much reviews around for the new range of Moto phones like the Brea or Gleam.

DarkAngel said:
^Yendo has a laggy UI. Spiro has a bad build and the OS is not great. (Its not manufactured by Sony but a rebranded Sagem IINM) So avoid both.
You can consider the SE Cedar ~4.25k if you go for an SE. It has good build, decent music and also 3G HSDPA 7.2Mbps.

Not much idea regarding Micromax, Spice etc... Also not much reviews around for the new range of Moto phones like the Brea or Gleam.
I mentioned Wave 525 not Yendo. IMO bada is quite good for normal usage. I din't find and crashes and slowdowns. Forgot to mentions multitouch also works

I second DA. yendo and spiro are sagem and don't have basics like java multitasking and themes support. But cedar is made by se and is a proper phone. Btw I will recommend you to go for c2 06. Should cost around 4.6k. And has a big 2.6 inch screen touch and type plus dual sim and terrific build quality. Now the main drawback is it is series 40. If you want a smartphone go for 5233. Bada lower end phones can be avoided. AnywY wifi gps and stuff is not in your reqirements.

Back