Graphic Cards Suggestions Plz for my upgrade

hawkice

Disciple
Hello every 1.,
My current config is as follows:
Monitor : LG W1934S (19" Wide with 1440x900 Max Res)
Motherboard : INTEL DG45ID
CPU : Core 2 Duo E7400
RAM : 2 x 2gb OCZ gold edition
PSU : ZEBRONICS 400W Platinum

And this is what i'm planning to get in a week or so...
Palit GTX 260 SP 216 Sonic (~11K)
COOLER MASTER extreme power pro 600/650W (~3.7K)

What do u say guys? Ur thoughts and suggestions plz
*Note: I know its kinda a little overkill but i want this run all games at max res n graphics (that my monitor supports) for a min of 18 months :eek:hyeah:
& Thx for all the replies to come :clap:

Spectre said:
19" monitor - Dell E1909W
MB - Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L
PSU - Corsair VX450 / Glacialtech 650W

Thx but i'm changing only Graphics card n PSU nothing else as i got the others only 2-3 months back:eek:hyeah:

Same answer, stay away from CM Extreme Power 600W.

Buy Corsair VX450 instead, if not available then GlacialPower 650W is recommended..

For GTX 260 C216, go with Zotac one. :)

Hmmm thx guys., I'll continue to get suggestions for 2-3 days n 'll surely buy the best ones suggested next week end. :hap2:
N one more thing guys, for GTX 260 SP 216 which is best suited for my config
XFX / PALIT / ASUS / ZOTAC / (or anything else)?
i can spare ~11k for graphics card & ~4k for PSU so its ~15k in total...:cool2:

hawkice said:
Is 450watts enough for running these high end cards smoothly???
Hi, Did you go through the thread link provided by RoboGhost? It will help you understand why people are recommending the VX450.

hawkice said:
Thx but i'm changing only Graphics card n PSU nothing else as i got the others only 2-3 months back:eek:hyeah:

If you get a GTX 260, the processor you are using will be a bottleneck and you may not be able to extract the most out of your new GPU. That is the reason Spectre suggested the Gigabyte G31M ES2L motherboard. Its a very cheap (2.4k or so) but excellent board that will let you overclock your E7400 easily/safely to 3.2+ Ghz and let it keep up with your new GTX 260. Intel original motherboards have few/no overclocking/tweaking options, hence the suggestion. You should be able to cover a good portion of the new mobo's cost by selling your current one in the TE market. However, this can wait if you want.

Another thing i wanted to point out:-
The GTX 260 is overkill for your display size and gaming resolution, so doesn't make much sense to put so much coin on it unless you are going to upgrade your display in the very near future.
An HD 4770/4850 will easily max almost every game out there on a 19 inch with a good level of AA+AF. Think about this before you make the final buying decision.

Hope this helped :) Good luck and post pics. when you get the stuff.

Amien said:
Hi, Did you go through the thread link provided by RoboGhost? It will help you understand why people are recommending the VX450.

If you get a GTX 260, the processor you are using will be a bottleneck and you may not be able to extract the most out of your new GPU. That is the reason Spectre suggested the Gigabyte G31M ES2L motherboard. Its a very cheap (2.4k or so) but excellent board that will let you overclock your E7400 easily/safely to 3.2+ Ghz and let it keep up with your new GTX 260. Intel original motherboards have few/no overclocking/tweaking options, hence the suggestion. You should be able to cover a good portion of the new mobo's cost by selling your current one in the TE market. However, this can wait if you want.

Another thing i wanted to point out:-
The GTX 260 is overkill for your display size and gaming resolution, so doesn't make much sense to put so much coin on it unless you are going to upgrade your display in the very near future.
An HD 4770/4850 will easily max almost every game out there on a 19 inch with a good level of AA+AF. Think about this before you make the final buying decision.

Hope this helped :) Good luck and post pics. when you get the stuff.
Gr8 thx i'll keep in mind n i don't think so i'll change mobo as i don't know that much of OC n also i'm in chennai so the place here is hot n in order to OC n make it run smoothly with proper cooling i neeed to shed more bucks which i'm unable to do so...
N abt the over kill, i wanted a card that 'll keep me going very good for another 18-24 months n also definitely GTX 260 c216 'll 've better resale value than HD 4770/4850 after the no. of months i specified (Hope u understand my plan :cool2:)

N s definitely i'll post the pictures n can i post them here in this thread itself???

N i'm going to buy them both in Ritche Street in chennai, or if u guys know anywhere else where i could get them cheap but obviously of best quality ;)

hawkice said:
Gr8 thx i'll keep in mind n i don't think so i'll change mobo as i don't know that much of OC n also i'm in chennai so the place here is hot n in order to OC n make it run smoothly with proper cooling i neeed to shed more bucks which i'm unable to do so...
N abt the over kill, i wanted a card that 'll keep me going very good for another 18-24 months n also definitely GTX 260 c216 'll 've better resale value than HD 4770/4850 after the no. of months i specified (Hope u understand my plan :cool2:)

N s definitely i'll post the pictures n can i post them here in this thread itself???

N i'm going to buy them both in Ritche Street in chennai, or if u guys know anywhere else where i could get them cheap but obviously of best quality ;)
You can always ask, read and increase your knowledge. :)
Until you mess with voltages, you don't need to buy aftermarket cooling. Temperature rise is also minimal(in some cases non-existant) till you are on the chip's default voltage(VID). Take your time to learn and ask questions and you won't believe what you've been missing.

Go ahead with the GTX 260 if it makes you happy, its a sweet card indeed. :)

As for the pictures, you can post them in the Show-off section.

sathyanaidu said:
can u wait for a month? see how the mid range of ati 5xxx cards perform.. i'm waiting for the same and bought a 9600gt amp for standby..

i could wait but this wait game is not approved by 90% coz tech keeps on coming very fast...

well, this i'm guessing is worth waiting for coz of dx11 capabilities n such.. with a much better os in win7, u might consider the option anyways..

sathyanaidu said:
well, this i'm guessing is worth waiting for coz of dx11 capabilities n such.. with a much better os in win7, u might consider the option anyways..

do u think i 'll b able to get a DX11 card for ~12k ???

Back