Asus Xonar DG Audio Card
Seagate 500GB-SATA
3GB ddr2 Ram
local smps and cabinet

Budget:

Motherboard+Processor- 15-16k
Ram- 2k
Cabinet+SMPS- 5k

I'll be using my PC mostly for gaming and home theater purposes. Please help me out!

@ak56u go for the following --

Intel Core i3 3220 ~7500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3200/-
Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus ~2500/-
Cooler Master GX450W ~3000/-

The graphics card, hard-drive and audio card can be cannibalized from the old RIG of yours.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
ak56u go for the following --

Intel Core i3 3220 ~7500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3200/-
Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus ~2500/-
Cooler Master GX450W ~3000/-

The graphics card, hard-drive and audio card can be cannibalized from the old RIG of yours.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

My budget for mobo+processor is 15-16k. Can you suggest a better processor?

And I am getting Cooler Master GX450W for 3400 and Cooler Master extreme power plus 500W for 3150. Are these prices okay? Which one should I go for?

I am getting Cooler Master 310 with side window for 2000. Should I go for this or should I go for Elite 311(rc311) for around the same price, without the window.

My budget for mobo+processor is 15-16k. Can you suggest a better processor?

And I am getting Cooler Master GX450W for 3400 and Cooler Master extreme power plus 500W for 3150. Are these prices okay? Which one should I go for?

I am getting Cooler Master 310 with side window for 2000. Should I go for this or should I go for Elite 311(rc311) for around the same price, without the window.

If you are looking for better processor -- Core i5 3450 ~11900/- (from flipkart.com).

Better go for the Cooler Master GX450W OR Corsair CX v2430W ~2700/-; avoid the Cooler Master eXtreme Pro SMPS.

Go for Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus, the 310 and 311 are not recommended.

If you are looking for better processor -- Core i5 3450 ~11900/- (from flipkart.com).

Better go for the Cooler Master GX450W OR Corsair CX v2430W ~2700/-; avoid the Cooler Master eXtreme Pro SMPS.

Go for Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus, the 310 and 311 are not recommended.

I am getting Cooler Master elite 311 Plus for 3450/- at flipkart.com. Is this price ok?

Will Gigabyte B75M-D3H support an audio card along with a GPU?

I am getting Cooler Master elite 311 Plus for 3450/- at flipkart.com. Is this price ok?

Will Gigabyte B75M-D3H support an audio card along with a GPU?

^^ No that is over-priced, try to get the cabinet in person from Nehru Place, Delhi.

What audio card do you have in mind? PCIe OR PCI based. And yes with the HD7750 it will not block all the PCI slots available to you. So you are covered. Cheerio!

^^ No that is over-priced, try to get the cabinet in person from Nehru Place, Delhi.

What audio card do you have in mind? PCIe OR PCI based. And yes with the HD7750 it will not block all the PCI slots available to you. So you are covered. Cheerio!

Thanks a lot for helping man! And i already have an Asus Xonar Dg sound card.....

I've got the SMPS and motherboard but am still confused about the cabinet. I can't get CM 311 plus anywhere and its overpriced at flipkart. Any other suggestions for a cabinet within 4-4.5k? I was looking at NZXT Gaurdian 921 RB(~4.4k) and NZXT Lexa S(~4.2k). Should I go for either of these or is there a better option within my budget?[h=2][/h]

If you're ready to spend that much on case then go for Corsair 300R-4.2k OR Corsair 400R-5.3k,Hope this helps.:)
I've got the SMPS and motherboard but am still confused about the cabinet. I can't get CM 311 plus anywhere and its overpriced at flipkart. Any other suggestions for a cabinet within 4-4.5k? I was looking at NZXT Gaurdian 921 RB(~4.4k) and NZXT Lexa S(~4.2k). Should I go for either of these or is there a better option within my budget?

@ak56u: You never mentioned at what resolution you will be gaming ? If you are gaming at below HD resolution, i33220 is good enough for you. For HD gaming, get a i5 2400 with the gigabyte b75 motherboard (if you are not overclocking). Spend more on graphics card rather than any other computer parts - this will really impact on your game performance.Also processor and gpu should be evenly paired to get the best out of each other. For example, if you are gaming at sub HD resolution and no plan to upgrade in recent future,,get an intel pentium g630 with any cheaper LGA1155 motherboard with a AMD 7770 gpu. For HD, get i3 or i5 depending on your budget pair with b75 motherboard and a amd 7850 category graphics card. Also try to get a good quality psu like corsair or seasonic in 400-500w range,depending your budget. Cabinet is kind of luxury item, helps mostly if you are over clocking only.

Last edited by a moderator:
ak56u: You never mentioned at what resolution you will be gaming ? If you are gaming at below HD resolution, i33220 is good enough for you. For HD gaming, get a i5 2400 with the gigabyte b75 motherboard (if you are not overclocking). Spend more on graphics card rather than any other computer parts - this will really impact on your game performance.Also processor and gpu should be evenly paired to get the best out of each other. For example, if you are gaming at sub HD resolution and no plan to upgrade in recent future,,get an intel pentium g630 with any cheaper LGA1155 motherboard with a AMD 7770 gpu. For HD, get i3 or i5 depending on your budget pair with b75 motherboard and a amd 7850 category graphics card.

Very general statement, and so while it cannot strictly be incorrect, but does give a false impression. Resolution of gaming actually has a negative correlation with requirements from CPU. I.e. the higher the resolution you game at, the more you can manage with a slower CPU. In other words, lowering the resolution is an easy way to shift the bottleneck from the GPU to the CPU. See the study here for a good analysis of this : CPU Bottleneck Analysis Page 1/18

Very general statement, and so while it cannot strictly be incorrect, but does give a false impression. Resolution of gaming actually has a negative correlation with requirements from CPU. I.e. the higher the resolution you game at, the more you can manage with a slower CPU. In other words, lowering the resolution is an easy way to shift the bottleneck from the GPU to the CPU. See the study here for a good analysis of this : CPU Bottleneck Analysis Page 1/18
So you are saying that resolution does not matter that much, as you change the resolution to change the load from gpu to cpu and visa-vise ? your statement will be true if you are gaming at CRT monitor and living in a stone cave. Now a days, almost everyone moved to LCD/LED monitor and one of the problem with them is that - you will not get the best visual quality if you are not gaming in the NATIVE resolution, it will be blurry grainy visual and not worth it.

HTG Explains: Why Using Your Monitor’s Native Resolution Is Important

This is why resolution is important in modern day PC gaming

So you are saying that resolution does not matter that much, as you change the resolution to change the load from gpu to cpu and visa-vise ? your statement will be true if you are gaming at CRT monitor and living in a stone cave. Now a days, almost everyone moved to LCD/LED monitor and one of the problem with them is that - you will not get the best visual quality if you are not gaming in the NATIVE resolution, it will be blurry grainy visual and not worth it.

HTG Explains: Why Using Your Monitor’s Native Resolution Is Important

This is why resolution is important in modern day PC gaming

I am not saying resolution does not matter that much. I am saying resolution very much matters. But lower resolution needs more CPU power than higher resolution. There is a link to a whole article explaining that too.

I guess comprehension power of people was better in stone age. This might help : Reading Comprehension Connection: Home

Back