Superfast dual core Android in 20K

agantuk

Skilled
Put in pretty much everything in the title :)

This is for my friend for whom I had bought an Atrix. Unforuntately, the Atrix has been misbehaving for him (shuts down randomly) and he is pissed. However, he has got used to the Atrix's superfast experience, something which I haven't found on a lot of Android phones TBH.

So now he needs to get another Android.

1. Q: Budget?
20,000. Preferably lower, but 20.5 is the upper limit :)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
None, just should not be very bulky

3. Q: Preferred display type?
Big and comfortable :p

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
Should be from a 'reputed' mobile brand

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.[/B]
Frequent usage of camera. MP doesn't matter, picture quality does.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
DUAL CORE Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
Everything that's expected from a high end phone

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
Camera, mails and browsing

10. Q: Any other requirements?
Has to be superfast. Atleast as fast as the Atrix. I assume that means we need a dual core :)
The guy is not into modding, so it has to be fast out of the box.
Open to buying from US also. Model should not have any known major issues.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
He likes the Photon and Atrix 2. I also have the LG Thrill in mind. How is the Google Nexus S?

Does your friend want a exclusive phone or a good phone? If he wants something exclusive there are 2 things to consider...
1. Its not so common coz its not good, people know about it and avoid it completely.
2. The darn thing is very costly.

Since your friend is on a budget I would suggest he check from the options available and decide accordingly. There are quite a few options available in the market.
Also ask him to go and have a demo of the phone before judging. Mobile phones are almost like buying speakers.. what one person likes might not interest others and vice versa. So the person buying the phone should judge the phone without taking others view as is..

^ Agree pretty much with what you say. See his is looking for an 'exclusivity' factor in that he wants something which no one, or rather, very few have. That really rules out most Indian models, leaving with international models not available in India. It boils down to the best amongst those that are available in this budget. This was the reason he had got the Atrix in the first place. It is a good phone, and not available in India.

I put all the options to him, and he looks like going back to the Atrix again - a second Atrix. While the reason this thread was started might not hold valid anymore, I hope someone with a similar requirement in the future finds something useful here :)

Why not get a Photon?

Much better than Atrix. Similar performance as the Atrix, looks great too, screen is better, so is camera. The heating problem found in some of the Atrix is solved. It's dual core. Can be used with a lapdock (lapdock needs to be modded a little bit).

Guys,

I'm happy with my Samsung Galaxy R. A great product at its price!

Dual core 1GHz processor, Tegra 2 AP20H chipset, GPU-ULP GeForce, Android v2.3 Gingerbread

5MP camera, LED flash, HD Video Playback

4.19 inch, super clear LCD. The price is within your range. Bought it @ Rs 22299 from www.saholic.com :)

agantuk said:
^ Haha, you must see his expressions when he hears 'LG'. Dude, convincing a non geek about these things is tough. :)

Yeah. According to them Motorola Defy is a bad phone.

Why? Because they don't think Motorola is a good company.

(Pssst..they don't know yet that Google has bought over Motorola)

well if you want exclusivity and show-off value, try to get your hands on LG Nitro-HD.

4.5" HD-IPS screen with 720p resolution, 1.5GHz dual core CPU.It's a beauty to behold and once you switch on that screen, even an iPhone user will be left with his jaw hanging loose.

But it's a little expensive, around 25k or even more. I might be getting one soon.

rdst_1 said:
well if you want exclusivity and show-off value, try to get your hands on LG Nitro-HD.

4.5" HD-IPS screen with 720p resolution, 1.5GHz dual core CPU.It's a beauty to behold and once you switch on that screen, even an iPhone user will be left with his jaw hanging loose.

But it's a little expensive, around 25k or even more. I might be getting one soon.

It has bad battery life, do check numbers on gsmarena battery test before buying.

well then instead of the atrix .. get the atrix 2 ... specs are teh same as the photon.. so is the price..

ics update is confirmed on the atrix 2... moto wont talk bout atrix 1 or photon ics update at the moment..

rdst_1 said:

The specs look very good.. 25k might be a little too optimistic.. Has it released in India already?
Sanav3 said:
It has bad battery life, do check numbers on gsmarena battery test before buying.

The battery is rated 1830 mAh.. Even then almost every review lists the poor battery life as a con..

Yeah. According to them Motorola Defy is a bad phone.

Why? Because they don't think Motorola is a good company.

(Pssst..they don't know yet that Google has bought over Motorola)

Even after knowing that Google bought Motorola, their attitude doesn't change :p May be Google should rename Motorola to Google Phone or something :p They will sell like hot cakes!

Back