CPU/Mobo Suugest an AMD MObo PLs..

pegasus said:
One last doubt. :ashamed:

So do you think service is maybe the main issue that may be holding back users from looking at ASUS offerings, especially midrange and high-end motherboards?

Yup........ Too much -ve A.S.S feedback. May be improving slightly now. But for so many years it was poor and it would take time to win back customers hearts.

Once a customer has a bad experience with a brand its very unlikely that he will choose the same brand again. They will also influence many relative/ friends purchase with their experience too.

A.S.S is very important for a brand to grow. (One of the major reasons that some many ppl in TE rercommend Dell laptops is their excellent onsite service in the warranty period)

ALPHA17 said:
The board only has a single expansion fan header, try searching for more on your board apart from the CPU_FAN pin + 1 FAN pin near the south bridge. and yeah the m-atx form factor is a BAD mistake contributes to lesser Breathing space and thereby higher component temperatures.

I have had no issues with the RMA service of MSI in Bangalore Digilink replaced my fried MSI HD 5770 for a HAWK 5770 :)
Well I agree that m-ATX is a sure disadvantage but as far as the temp are concerned there are NO issues, infact temperature is quite low as compared to many ATX MOBOs out there.

@chetansha and ALPHA17
ok got what Fan header means..Thanks.

I think your original choice jetway & AsRock is what my choice too. I aleady have JHA06 with all hummer accessories. Economically and features wise they are the best when compared to any Asus, MSI or Gigabyte. Only Biostar gives it competetion but Biostar do not have designer boards like Jetway.

premsharma695 said:
Economically and features wise they are the best when compared to any Asus, MSI or Gigabyte. Only Biostar gives it competetion but Biostar do not have designer boards like Jetway.

Don't know about Jetway but biostar does not seem to have fixed production standards (atleast that's the impression the retail products give with different manufacturing dates). Biostar i45 was ok and then 780g/785g/790g sold pretty fast but the board's quality from different production dates is different and I've seen few 780gxbe that are somewhat wafer thin. Some older/Newer manufactured biostar boards eventually die slowly. Never liked MSI, but some of their boards gets the job done. Rashi's RMA record tarnished asus' image even though they have their own share of making good stuff on a fairly regular basis. Cheap does not mean economical or "value for money". They comprimise a lot on the product's quality to keep the cost down, apart from features and standard package.

Dark star has experience with jetway AFAIK. Add a little more money and go for a better hardware. Its not everyday you buy a motherboard, so its sad/patethic to end up RMA/repairing the board every 6-8 months.

Back