Car & Bike SX4 ZXI or ANHC

^ The ANHCs are rattling too :p

There's been a lot of obvious cost cutting. For example, inspite of the low ground clearance it has, they didn't even bother to add an engine guard.

what the bloody hell ANHC stands for?

anyways, how can you be confused between a Maruti & a Honda?

it has to be honda. why? Quality, thats why.

the sx4 interior has the cheapest plastics. allmost every button is tacky.
the lock fir instance is loose in both positions (locked, unlocked), i.e, it has freeplay.

Swift has better quality even tho both share same buttons, vents...

sure it gives more for the money, but having peace of mind is more important than few bucks.

sx4 has more gc, but at the same time its suspension is more stiff.

if you dont care about the quality of plastics inside the car (where you'll spend most time), then its sx4.

btw, i own a sx4. :p

Booked the sx4 guys!

After the final TD yesterday, I was still confused, so the final tilt came when I compared the prices for the SX4 and City in relatively more mature car markets (Australia and Malaysia) to discover what I had always suspected

The pricing for the similarly specced variants in both the markets is the same for SX4 and City (SX4 marginally higher)

Why the hell should I pay 2L extra for the city here then? some sort of special Honda India tax?

Hate the new rims on the SX4 - loved those 5 spoke ones. Congrats on the new car! :)

@Haddock - ANHC = All New Honda City.

Congrats! :D

superczar said:
Why the hell should I pay 2L extra for the city here then? some sort of special Honda India tax?

The sales guy I spoke to, justified the higher price saying the engine is imported :p

What color did you choose.

patience is not my virtue and the dealer currently has white and silver in stock

although i'd have preferred gray, that would involve a 2-3 week wait so will be choosing one of the two tomorrow

Hate the new rims on the SX4

yup, the older alloys looked better but the engine is vastly improved (less noisy, significantly more low end torque) and better interiors

Though i am not sure but SX4 has an inferior engine as compared to the ones which we get in other countries.

And get the silver. You have white everywhere now. Silver looks like a young color while white looks more matured nowadays.

white looks more decent. dont go through what others have got. go through what u own. thats make a difference. and this difference helps you create a difference. get the white. get black on-body accessores. and get ready to rock the roads. the black-white deal looks classic and more ravishing.

PS: i've hardly seen white SX4's here in delhi. what i most see are silvers and blacks and all.

Though i am not sure but SX4 has an inferior engine as compared to the ones which we get in other countries.

Earlier yes, but the VVT 1.6 on the new one is what you get elsewhere although they also have an option of a 2.0L in some places (although thats understandably more epxensive)

When i made the comparison, I ensured i do an apples to apples comparo :)

Congrats Abhinav. Nice purchase. I was thinking of suggesting the SX4 to my dad too. Will wait for more feedback from you :)

I have been using SX4 ZXI since last 4 months (model just prior to new one launched in Oct/Nov) and I find it very spacious, good ground clearance/seat height, ample space in all 4 doors and many other things which are certainly missing in ANHC. Regarding engine power, I would like to mention that it is of no use in India because of extremely poor road network but I observed at crossings that nothing is overtaking you once you start.
+1 SX4

superczar said:
The SX4 lets you switch b/w the two driving positions (ht adjustable seat to choose a sporty low n backslung stance or a raised SUVish stance and in-between)

in ANHC also, the seat height is adjustable..

done 6k km in ANHC.. no problems.. engine rocks.. pickup power of ANHC grows to full only after 2nd service at 3000km.

amazing car. gave 16 with AC on highway and in city it gives 12.

Crazy_Eddy said:
^ The ANHCs are rattling too :p

There's been a lot of obvious cost cutting. For example, inspite of the low ground clearance it has, they didn't even bother to add an engine guard.

No. ANHC doesnt rattle at all.. :)

Engine guard is not required the engine is left open so that owner can enjoy its curves and beauty :)

Low ground clearance never affected in anything.. no crashing of bottom part on tarmac yet so remove this low ground clearance from your mind :hap5:

^^Err. Since when does the owner get under the car and admire the beauty? :S Engine guard is provided BELOW the engine. The one in top is just the engine cover

^ Curves and beauty? :lol:

I wish I was making all that up, but those are personal experiences I've seen. Lets say I've even gone to the extent of giving a relative who owns an ANHC a lift because he [strike]wouldn't[/strike] couldn't take his car over bad roads :lol:

Back