Sygic Maps for Android 1+1 licence offer @Rs.700 each

How good are they when not using with internet.

I tried yesterday but it takes lot of time to get my location.

I get lock on my HTC Vivid within 10 Sec. Using this regularly and accurate maps till now, tested in Himachal & Haryana interiors during my visits.

The new maps really suck big time at least in Hyderabad. The POIs such as Post Offices etc are outdated. In fact even important POI such as hospitals (Shenoy Nursing Home) are located wrong. In comparison Google Navigation is far superior. The last time I used to Sygic to get to a post office it took me to a place where the post office existed few years ago!!!

Recently went on a trip to Orissa - even the remote places like Managalajodi were very well covered. It was version 11.5. Theoretically the newer one should be better.

Recently went on a trip to Orissa - even the remote places like Managalajodi were very well covered. It was version 11.5. Theoretically the newer one should be better.

The problem is not with the coverage. I have been using MapMyIndia for 3 years now. The problem is with the POIs. They are more keen on adding new POIs than ensuring the existing POIs are accurate. Seriously, if mobile charges are not a problem Google Navigation is miles ahead. You can get by the data charges issue with offline maps in which case you just need the data for initial searching of the address.

Is there a true FULL Offline maps (For India, All cities) ?
I guess Sygic is the only one..

Is Waze same as Sygic ?
True offline maps only come in dedicated GPS nav devices.

Waze us closer to google maps that Sygic.

In Sygic, the maps are preloaded so you don't need a data connection for loading them and it has quite a few POIs to do an offline search as well.

You will need a data connection for a good GPS lock (A-GPS) and google search for POIs which are not there in the preloaded maps.

Friend uses Sygic (some non paid version) & works perfectly ONLY with GPS.

Sygic maps dont look as good as Nokia Maps while Google maps need GPRS connection hence wanted to know if there is something better looking then Sygic with same ONLY GPS function.

Friend uses Sygic (some non paid version) & works perfectly ONLY with GPS.

Sygic maps dont look as good as Nokia Maps while Google maps need GPRS connection hence wanted to know if there is something better looking then Sygic with same ONLY GPS function.
"Only GPS function"???

Back