CPU/Mobo System building, budget 51k

HI .. all need small help in what setup to buy as i need to make a systme for myfriend.He will using it for Gfx and editing . Dont need any AMD SETUP . only intel . Quad Core Preffered more .

What i have Though till now is :

Q9550
Mobo - Not Decided yet
8 GB RAM - Corsair / kingston
Tagan G600 PSU stone tock series
BENQ 2020HD Monitor or any 2nd hand monitor will do
HP Dvd Writer
Coolermaster Elite 335 Cabinet
4850 2nd hand ..

if someone can lemme know the current rate or some changes which can be made over this Setup need to build this systme before thursday .

Dont Require any cooler as wont be o.c

lxq_ikrana said:
Why in the name of god would you need 8Gigs of RAM? Are you sure about that? And besides, with 8 gigs of RAM, you're forced into using Vista. Otherwise, it's a decent setup. You can get prices here: www.deltapage.com
He is gonna use the system for GFX and editing so more amt of RAM is better:eek:hyeah:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 - 11.9k (More no of cores the better for GFX works)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L - 5.5k

RAM: Transcend 4x2GB DDR2 800MHz - 4.8k(More amount of RAM the better for GFX)

GPU: ATI Raedon 4850 512MB DDR3 - 6.5k

HDD: Western Digital 500GB SATAII - 2.7k

Cabinet: CoolerMaster Elite 335- 2.2k

SMPS: Corsair VX 450W - 3.8k

Optical Drive: L.G. /Samsung SATA - 1.1k

Speakers: Altec Lansing 2421 - 2.7k

Monitor: Benq 22"HD/Samsung 2233 - 9.5k

Keyboard: Logitech Multimedia - .5k

Mouse: Logitech MX518 - 1.4k

So for ~52-53K you can get a great PC for GFX works:eek:hyeah: Why do you need a 2nd hand 4850 and monitor. By just streching your budget by 2k you can get brand new ones:D You can go for the cooler master 690 for 2k more if you wish or a better GPU, else stick with this system :p

hmnmn... i may put my entire rig on sale.... do let me know if he is interested.
reason for sale - may go to Singapore for good... not fixed yet.

Yet another thread with Limitation in the beginning :|

IMO,AMD will be better.

Take a look at this :

Mobo - MSI DX790GX @ 9k (Supports CF)

Proccy - AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE @ 10.5k max

RAM - Corsair XMS2 2x2Gb DDR2 (800 Mhz) @2.9k

HDD - WD 500 GB Sata II [32 Mb Buffer] @ 2.7k

Optical Drive - LG DVD RW with Lightscribe @ 1.2k

PSU - Corsair VX550 @ 5.8k

GPU - Sapphire HD 4870 @ 9.5k

Cabby - Zebby War Hawk @ 1.5k

Monitor - BenQ 19" G900W @ 6.5k

Speaker - Creative SBS A300 @ 1.2k

Keyboard & Mouse - Microsoft Combo @ 0.7k

Total - 51.5k

*sigh*
Why spending so much on socket 775 setup? Also, you won't be OCing, so not much incentive to go Intel.
If you can fit an AM3 + DDR3(loads of options with DDR2, as well as a while as multiple processor choices... dual, tri, quad, so that the surplus budget can be allocated to faster/more RAM, better graphics etc.) config in your budget, it makes even less sense to go with LGA775.

Give it a second thought, else go with whatever you have in mind, doesn't make much difference what you go with on 775, limited choice as it is.
A few thoughts:-
*The 4850 is a really weak pair for the 9550, you need something more powerful.
*Get the Corsair VX450 in lieu of the TGU37 600W, while both are good PSU's the corsair's extra warranty won't hurt, and will handle the rig easily. If you need more power, consider the GP AL650AA.
*Elite is somehow less value now. Do check out the new gigabyte cabinets from the dealer's section in the same price range.
*The display needs to be atleast a 22incher supporting good resolutions all round for any sort of editing/GFX work IMO.
*If you do decide to go AMD, go for now BE processors to save some money since you won't be needed an unlocked chip for much. Check kushagra2008's post above.

As far as i can see you seem to be spending money in the wrong places. A tri-core with fast memory coupled with powerful graphics will suffice much better for your needs.

Also, some more info. on the kind of editing and GFX work that'll be done, as well as the programs that will be used will be helpful.

Back