img2723a.jpg

img2724k.jpg

img2725h.jpg

img2711f.jpg

img2729o.jpg

img2726q.jpg

img2727e.jpg

img2728z.jpg

Damages : $499 With Insurance Plan, 2 year extended warranty, they will service it even if there is physical damage, no questions asked, and if by chance I lose the phone, then I have to file a police report and after investigation and stuff I can buy a new one at $125, no questions asked once the police are done with their stuff.

Feel free to ask any questions you have! (Or if you want to create a thread regarding this in the mobile phone section)

mhafizji said:
hey lose the fone i will pay u 200$ lolzzzz
same reason insurance companies do not launch these type of schemes in INDIA, they will go bankrupt in a week, remember what happened to cashless treatment.

anyways congrats for your Nexus Two, ooppps ...... G2

Nice phone dude :D ,i am waiting on my toes for the Desire Z to release .Singapore ETA November 1s week,hope India gets the same time which i really doubt :(.

I have a couple of questions to ask

1) Do you have that loose hinge issue??

2) How is the battery lasting( don't tell u will get good battery life and at low settings,no 3G ,no wifi and all .) ??

3) Does your screen flicker when set at low brightness??

4) How does the KB feel,any clicking issues ??

5) Does it come with swype on board

6) Any random restarts??

7) How is the in call quality ( i read in XDA that it doesn't have noise canceling mic)??

8) Does your menu button glow :p

mhafizji said:
hey lose the fone i will pay u 200$ lolzzzz

Why would you want to pay $200 for a phone with out 3G ( Read: The 3G band used in G2 is only for T-mobile)

Metalspree said:
Why would you want to pay $200 for a phone with out 3G ( Read: The 3G band used in G2 is only for T-mobile)

3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100

I don't see why it wont work on Indian 3G networks since the spectrum allocated to operators in India is in the 2100 MHz range.

Pat said:
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100

I don't see why it wont work on Indian 3G networks since the spectrum allocated to operators in India is in the 2100 MHz range.

That's Desire Z. G2 has 1700 AWS/2100 (First for T-Mobile USA, 2nd for Europe and Asia)
Metalspree said:
Nice phone dude :D ,i am waiting on my toes for the Desire Z to release .Singapore ETA November 1s week,hope India gets the same time which i really doubt :(.

I have a couple of questions to ask

1) Do you have that loose hinge issue??

2) How is the battery lasting( don't tell u will get good battery life and at low settings,no 3G ,no wifi and all .) ??

3) Does your screen flicker when set at low brightness??

4) How does the KB feel,any clicking issues ??

5) Does it come with swype on board

6) Any random restarts??

7) How is the in call quality ( i read in XDA that it doesn't have noise canceling mic)??

8) Does your menu button glow :p

1. Yes, my hinge is very loose. BUT, it does not affect me at all during normal usage, even when lying in bed on my sides or on the back it does not affect me. It will only affect you if you are holding your phone in that particular way(holding only one part i.e the screen or the keyboard).

2. Normal 3G (3-7mbps average) + WiFi at 30-40% brightness(sometimes increase it when taking it out in sunlight) + Bit of gaming, constant Twitter, Facebook, IRC, RSS feeds and normal surfing usage etc gives me around 13-18 hours. (yup, you heard that right). My Vibrant would have died in 9-11 hours, maybe till 13 with the OC/UV kernel (overclock/undervolt). I cannot wait for that Kernel to come on the G2.

3. Nope, not at all. No idea what people were talking about, I couldn't get that problem to replicate at all. But trust me, you would never use your phone at lowest brightness unless you're in complete darkness ; this phone's lowest brightness is VERY low, almost as if the screen is half switched off. When you see it, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

4. KB is awesome. I thought I wouldn't use it much since Swype is there, but I love the keyboard. I use it almost 70% of the time.

5. Yup. Dunno about the Desire Z though. Desire Z comes with different kind of applications ; IIRC it does not come with Skype. You will have to install it from online sources or adb push it.

6. Nope.

7. I dunno, the other person who I've talked to never complaint about the call quality. There are too many variables to actually confirm if its fine or not. But Engadget thinks its fine, and I haven't heard any complains.

8. Err? All my four capacitive buttons glow.. (Home, Menu, Return, Search). I believe you're talking about the trackpad. Yes, it does glow, but if you're concentrating on something else its hard to spot. However there is also a RGB LED in the speaker grill that lights up when you're charging(red) and goes to green when you're charge is complete. Cyanogen has managed to use that for all notifications, obviously requiring root. (Which will come very soon, be patient, the phone released 4 days back.)

Overall, I'm very very happy with the phone. The OS and multitasking is BUTTER smooth, iPhone and my iPad like smooth, not a single slowdown whatsoever, I've only rebooted it once in the 3 days that I've got it. Very fast and snappy. Not to mention that since this is S-LCD, text looks more sharper and "fine" compared to my Vibrant ; although the Vibrant color has more "pop". And yes, sometimes the screen does feel small in comparison, but I don't even care about that looking at the other positives.

Oh and Metal, the G2 is confirmed to have the 2100Mhz band which is primarily used in Europe, and will be used in India. One guy confirmed that it works in Singapore on Singtel, posted a proper valid snap of it as well with proper proof. Singtel uses Band I, 2100Mhz. And T-Mobile even released an updated document stating that G2 has Band I. Guess it was a typo or a mistake when they mentioned only Band IV in their specs on the site. (They still haven't corrected it.)

Am just waiting for my G2 to arrive now!

Congrats dude, this was the best upgrade from a G1 for me and I can see why you'd be happy with it! :D

Thanks for the replies Superfrag.Good to hear that G2 does work in India aswell .

@Joe how does one go about and get the G2 to India ,how about arranging one for me as well??.

@metal: My G2 is without any contract. Not worth signing a contract in the end. But AFAIK, to get a G2 you still need to have a TMobile number.. not sure though. I don't know any site that ships the G2 at full price without requiring account details.

No idea if unlock codes are already available, I guess eBay is your best source.

Thanks a ton guys!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2.

Back