T-Mobile HTC G2

Superfrag said:
@metal: My G2 is without any contract. Not worth signing a contract in the end. But AFAIK, to get a G2 you still need to have a TMobile number.. not sure though. I don't know any site that ships the G2 at full price without requiring account details.

No idea if unlock codes are already available, I guess eBay is your best source.

Thanks a ton guys!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2.
Oops..Din't read the first post!

I guess most HTC phones are unlockable, so this one should do fine too!

Unlock codes are available for $15 everywhere you care to look. I am getting it from ICCWorld.

It's a HTC man, unlocking+rooting will be a piece o' cake thanks to XDA/CM and the community. :)

-D.Payne- said:
Unlock codes are available for $15 everywhere you care to look. I am getting it from ICCWorld.

It's a HTC man, unlocking+rooting will be a piece o' cake thanks to XDA/CM and the community. :)
I did look at them but most of them have issues in unlocking ,phones are blacking out after hitting the unlock code .Only one guy was able to do it successfully that too he got the code from T mobile .Check it here Unlocking T mobile G2 @XDA.

I know there is XDA/CM folks who can help us out but what are the odds ??

Metal, I'm pretty sure there are people with successful unlocks who don't surf XDA or haven't bothered to report their successful unlock.. that said, I hope nothing of the sort happens to either of you..

I like this .. might skip the iPhone 4 and get this instead. Metalspree , if you are getting a good deal on this one , let me know as well :D

I still suggest that you'll wait for a bit longer and import the Desire Z. Or even if you're importing the G2, wait for some more time unless you're in a hurry.

Or better still, wait for the WP7 phones to release. Even if you aren't interested in them they should affect prices ....

Congrats Superfrag!!

I had questions about its size and weight. Does the weight of 180gm and thickness of 15.2mm make it uncomfortable to carry around in the pocket? Which phone were you using before getting the G2?

I was using the Vibrant before I got the G2. Its perfectly comfortable to carry it around in the pocket.. the phone is not as bulky as you think.. especially for one having a hardware QWERTY..

Back