Table Tennis Paddle

^^Yup, if you can get the Yuki with the Flextra rubber, that's great.
I've always used flared handle. First, it was Yuki-FL and now its Petr Korbel-FL.

Alright, any blade suggestions?
Thanks for the rubber suggestions, I am pretty much decided on a Mark V for forehand and Sriver FX for backhand.
I was going for a Donic All Rounder blade earlier, the Jonker H seems to be a popular choice but I also want to look
at other options. Any help would be appreciated.

@Darthcoder: The popular choices in Butterfly are Jonyer, Primorac and Korbel. Primorac is an OFF- blade(slower) with maximum control while the others are OFF(faster). Jonyer is the lightest and Korbel is the heaviest, fastest but with slightly less control than the others.
ButterflyOnline - Butterfly Table Tennis
Stiga also makes some good rackets but I don't know much about those. You can check tabletennisdb.com for blade reviews. Check out what blades the shops in your area stock, their prices, see what suits you best by trying out in the shops (grip, weight, etc.) and buy.

Yuki is a good mid-range option if your looking for pre-made stuff.. FL or AN depends on what suits you and the balance of your hand personally.

As for custom gear, the list is endless and honestly not necessary unless your into competitive TT.

Received the Butterfly Yuki AN today, will post some pictures in the evening :)

First impression, it's looks slow, very slow :( compared to even my 2-3 year old Kung-Fu :S

How did I check, put all three (Stag power-drive, GKI Kung-Fu, Yuki) flat on table and dropped the ball from same height, and I got maximum re-bound height on Stag and least on Yuki :(

Why is it so? Because it's new? Can some explain?

Thanks

Blade is OFF, You can see Butterfly rating for blades on speed and control in the following picture

SCs.jpg

and below is the product info about rubber part

Butterfly Timo Boll Yuki Series Table Tennis Bat. A quality bat at a great price
High quality Blade with comfortable and attractive flared handle
Red and Black Butterfly Flextra ITTF approved reversed rubber with 2.0mm sponge for excellent spin and speed
Butterfly protective edging tape

One more thing I noticed is, the kind of sound it makes while hitting the paddle, looks like it's hitting the blade through the rubber, that "THAK" sound of hitting the ball on wood. I don't really know if it's a good thing or bad :S

How does it feel like while playing? If its faster than your previous bat, then you will initially hit your shots long and would need to adjust to make them land on the table.

The sound is perfectly normal, however it should not feel slow.
You shouldve rather been uncofortable with it being faster :S
But a better rubber gives higher control and more emphasis on your technique and hand movement, so maybe gradually you will come to respond to it.
One more thing, try using a vetter adhesive if youre sticking it yourself, let the adhesive dry a little and then stick it and dont press too much.

err..I didn't stick it, it's pre-made paddle.

And did some research yesterday and found newer bat will have a less rebound comparing to old bat (ofcourse same bat) because of mechanical spin, which eventually reduces with time and increases the speed, though the spin is reduced :(

Back