Tablet for digital painting and illustration

paappi

Disciple
Hi I am an artist and looking for a handy tablet where I can do my illustrations.

1. Q: Budget?
A: 30K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: very good true colour display with the best glasses (TFT gorilla corning?) I prefer 12" for the convenience of drawing as well.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Depends up on the performance. But I like the true colour display of iPad

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen plus external keyboard

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: not required

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Windows or Mac where I can install Photoshop and illustrator etc.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Wifi, 3G, Bluetooth, USB, hdmi etc

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Digital painting and illustration

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: a Good "Battery Life "
onthego.png
, very good pressure sensitive stylus, good storage capacity, durablity

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: ASUS EP121
Please check the links for reference.
ASUS EP121 Eee Slate Windows 7 Tablet PC - Part One - iPad Comparisons - YouTube
ASUS to Launch Eee Slate EP121 Launch in India, Price, Specs and Features Confirmed

Thanx in advance:signthankspin:

Thanks for your advice bro, but I am afraid we can't install Photoshop or Illustrator in iPad. Can we? Although there are some other programs (sketch Pro) but not match to PS.What I need a seamless work flow between the tablet and my mac.

if he hasnt done homework aboiut the app that hes looking for , then its not my fault , since there is a photoshop for ipad

Thanks for you kind advices friends.
I am trying to get a good overview and broad suggestions on the subject.
I agree apple has a step forward apps, I am using mac and have been using apple for last 3+ years. But I think there are competitive apps in other platforms too. The question is as msankadi told whether the apple apps are worthy for their high cost.
Any way, I am sorry that I didn't make my question clear. I need not only photoshop or illustrator in the tab but a way good pen like Wacom as well. In Asus 121 and the new Samsung 7 series they have incorporated wacom technology to their stylus.
In Ipad, there is Photoshop touch but way silly than the mother program. You will miss a lot of stuffs while working as tools, hot keys and the feel. There is one software called air Display which helps to make the ipad a secondery monitor, but no use if you don't have a primary one. Also, there is a delay in the performance too. There is wacom bamboo stylus for ipad but it is not meant for a hardcore illustrator. The silly fleshy fatty tip won't give you the feel especially if you are a cintiq guy like me. But do you know about any betterment on their new versions? Could you please let me know your thoughts?

Back