Android Tablet suggestions on priority

girish925

Adept
hello guys this is for a friend he needs to gift his son a tablet for online classes and gaming he has finalized this tablet from lenovo

but i told him to avoid mediatek and go with any tab that has snapdragon, his budget is around 20-25k max

Last edited:
Why not the older Ipad at 30k? or the Samsung Galaxy tab S6 lite at ~26.6k.

iPad is no brainer from my perspective only because I have no idea which android tablets are good. There definitely are but I just don't know.
My son sometimes uses Zoom on our iPad (most times he uses Amazon Fire HD 10).

Why not the older Ipad at 30k? or the Samsung Galaxy tab S6 lite at ~26.6k.

i also suggested an ipad but strictly android only

i also suggested an ipad but strictly android only
In that case please buy some good quality and good brand. Also, I would definitely prefer tablet with L1 DRM so that if it used for Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar etc, you can enjoy Full HD video. Please remember some cheap samsungs too don't have L1 DRM.

I have Fire HD 10 and it has L1 DRM and plays Full HD from streaming services and I also have a Fire 7 which does not have L1 DRM and it plays nothing (on streaming) in even 720p HD.

will keep that in mind @raksrules :)

i suggested this tab, does anyone here own this tab ?

If you do plan to buy this, it has HDFC Flat Rs. 2000 off so if needed contact me and I can order for you to address of your choice as I have HDFC card.

Edit: I see this has Quad speakers. Can anyone here who is using tell if this is a good buy at 15K (Incl HDFC flat discount)? I may also pick it up if my son can do his zoom calls without needing extra bluetooth speakers. I am reading about it having very nice speakers.

Damn it... Ordered the Tab for myself....err..for my son for his class. ;)
Also ordered case and tempered glass. Like that the front camera placement is where it should be for landscape use.
@girish925

Ordered tablet yesterday 6:30 PM and got it 14 hours later at 8:30 AM today. Haven't explored much yet but seems good. Screen is nice. Tablet is slim. Speakers as they are say are good. Has L1 DRM. My son is yet to use for zoom which he will do tomorrow but I am hoping he won't need any external speaker or headphones with this due to loud stereo sound.
Nice part of camera is that it is in middle of the tablet on length side so looking at screen in calls won't look akward.

Last edited:
@raksrules they finally decided to get the ipad 8th gen at 26000 after hdfc discount from a local shop :)

Nothing like iPad then. They will be very happy for several years to come. Make sure you tell them not to skimp and get a proper rugged case and a tempered glass screen protector. People tend to buy 70K iPhone and slap a Rs. 100 roadside case on it. Don't do that.

Nothing like iPad then. They will be very happy for several years to come. Make sure you tell them not to skimp and get a proper rugged case and a tempered glass screen protector. People tend to buy 70K iPhone and slap a Rs. 100 roadside case on it. Don't do that.

yes but local shops quote very high prices for accessories a rugged case was around 2400 dont know which brand it was not very popular, so i told them to buy online on amazon could you suggest sum good options online. they are picking it up today evening

yes but local shops quote very high prices for accessories a rugged case was around 2400 dont know which brand it was not very popular, so i told them to buy online on amazon could you suggest sum good options online. they are picking it up today evening

Below case will protect iPad great but will make it bulky. I don't mind bulk. One problem is that I am not 100% sure how tempered glass screen protector will work with this. Check in reviews what people say.
One con is there is only one slant position in landscape mode which may or may not work well for WFH .

If you want simple flip case which kind of looks like apple smart case, check below. I bought this one for the samsung galaxy tab A7.

Generic case

I have these two cases

Poetic lumos x case ( my favourite, have added a review on Amazon listing as well)

ProElite smart pu case

Both provide ample protection in my view, both have dedicated slots for the apple pencil storage.

Incidentally the poetic one is out of stock now but you can try this poetic case instead, the con with this is that there is no stand mechanism in it as its a protective rubberized back case only.
Poetic is a well known brand since many many years for mobile and tablet accessories, especially protective cases....

Got a 100 rs tempered glass affixed on screen works fine with pencil and all.

Back