User Guides Tag Your Mp3s Properly Using Winamp & Mediamonkey

A lot of People Asked about the right way to Tag an MP3 album in My Last guide.

So Today I decided To Share My Method of Tagging with everybody :)

Please Note :

• Tagging an Album in my method takes at least 10 minutes.If you don't care about Tags that much, stick to your fast tagging Method
  • The mp3 album used in this guide is encoded from my own CD.I Do NOT Condone music piracy.if you like any music buy it.Artists deserve support (now where have i heard that before !!) :)
  • Reason I Use Mediamonkey Because i believe no other Tagger , free/paid cant even begin to compete with its flexibility

Stuff We Need -

• images

Click to Download
  • images

Click to Download

• MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3]( v2.0 2008-03-29 ) for Mediamonkey - Click to download From Mediafire
  • The Mp3 album (duh!) :)

Lets Begin -

• Install winamp , Mediamonkey and finally the MusicBrainz Tagger (Just click on it)
  • first we are going to tag them with winamp.the Reason I Use Winamp is it Gives very Precise Genres.
  • drag and drop your mp3 files in winamp
  • Select all files in playlist and right click > Send to > Auto Tag

SAKhs.png

• Winamp searches For the Tag..

sPErS.png

• ... and Finally Finds it.check if everything is okay Click Apply Changes,And Close Winamp

JXFIW.png

• Fire up Mediamonkey
  • Using The Folder tree On the Left Side,Locate Your Album

up0Xv.png

• Press Ctrl+A to Select all and The CTRL+L to Launch the Auto-tagger From Web.

Click On options and then Musicbrainz tagger

3ODV7.png

• Mediamonkey Will search for Matches and the finally Display the Results

(The Score Denotes The Percentage of Match between existing tags of ur mp3s and that of Musicbrainz Database)

nIo33.png

• Tick the fields as shown,and Click Auto Tag Button at bottom
  • Done!! Only Thing Left is to rename the folder & the filename :)
  • Close The Auto tagger,Press ctrl+R to bring up The "Auto organize files" dialogue box

TgrJg.png

• Click Configure and use the placeholders (the ">>" Button) to suit the folder structure to ur liking (or you Can just follow Mine :))

zvbej.png

Press OK and OK & we are Finished :clap:

I Will be Glad If this n00b tut could be of any help to my Fellow TEians.

As Always,If U Like The Post, Please Press The Like Button.I Accept Reps too :eek:hyeah:

BTW,any way to convert Japanese tag/name into English for mp3/aac file ?
Japanese or other language not showing.
All japanese alphabets showing square blocks.
Mine is Windows 7 OS.

Its because the software doesn't support utf8. Ask the developers by mail to add support for utf8 or foreign languages.

I am an obsessive tagger of music in my collection. My music manager has been Media Monkey since early 21st cent. Needless to say I extensively use it to tag/re-tag my music in NAS. However for localized and out-of home tagging I use portable version of MP3 Tag scan. Later, once I migrate these music into my NAS library these are then tag-tweaked to confirm to my library standards.

Back