Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
About an year
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Not going to use it
This voucher worth Rs 10,000 can be redeemed for a stay in India on an eligible rate at any Taj, SeleQtions or Vivanta hotels. Prior booking may be needed.

Can be redeemed against room charges including food and beverages, spa and other services including tax.

Date of Expiry: 30-Jan-2022
T&C here

Please help to keep the thread clean, DM for any queries

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210211-185818_1_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20210211-185818_1_1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Do you work for Taj or Amex? That you write with so much confidence? The Terms and Conditions state the following :

The voucher can be redeemed for spends towards room charges, food & beverage, spa and other services and
applicable taxes billed to the room bill.

This voucher cannot be used for standalone restaurant or spa spend or any other hotel service not billed to the room.

Thanks for the free bump though

While this can be used against room charges and all incidentals - room taxes will not be covered.

Do you work for Taj or Amex? That you write with so much confidence? The Terms and Conditions state the following :

The voucher can be redeemed for spends towards room charges, food & beverage, spa and other services and
applicable taxes billed to the room bill.

This voucher cannot be used for standalone restaurant or spa spend or any other hotel service not billed to the room.

Thanks for the free bump though
I do work for Taj.

The applicable taxes only extend to extras such as F&B, Spa, Salon and Laundry.

Redemption towards room charges are only for room charges and not room +tax.

Also, redemption cannot be done towards Taj signature experiences.

Pro tip - even if you're not staying at the hotel, you can still use the gift voucher, and doesn't have to be billed to the room. Just present it to the restaurant / outlet of choice and redeem it against the tab.

However, keep in mind that the voucher is one time use only. If you have a bill of 5K, and redeem your gift card against that, you can't use the balance 5K on the gift card again.

Last edited:
Great. Your points contradict the T&C given by the issuer. I have attached the pdf file. If that is not opening just search Taj Amex voucher.

I had copy pasted the statement above which clearly states that it is redeemable against the applicable taxes billed to the room bill. You can read that I suppose.

Next the terms also say that it cannot be used for standalone services like spa if not billed to the room. Which means without stay you cannot use it. However if what you say here is true, then it's good for the user.

Thirdly the voucher is most likely consumed by the room bill even without taxes so it is not likely to be a concern (even if what you say is right).

Lastly if the above mentioned terms are not correct then advise your partners to correct it instead of confusing the users.

Attachments

• taj-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    441.7 KB · Views: 130
Great. Your points contradict the T&C given by the issuer. I have attached the pdf file. If that is not opening just search Taj Amex voucher.

I had copy pasted the statement above which clearly states that it is redeemable against the applicable taxes billed to the room bill. You can read that I suppose.

Next the terms also say that it cannot be used for standalone services like spa if not billed to the room. Which means without stay you cannot use it. However if what you say here is true, then it's good for the user.

Thirdly the voucher is most likely consumed by the room bill even without taxes so it is not likely to be a concern (even if what you say is right).

Lastly if the above mentioned terms are not correct then advise your partners to correct it instead of confusing the users.
Room charges are not billed to the room. The applicable tax redemption is only against spends billed, which are only incidentals.

Also, the standalone services are technically not covered under the T&C as stated, hence it's a Pro Tip shared. Think of it as a "secret menu"

Umm, unless they have changed the TnC - doesnt the card holder need to be physically present when redeeming this voucher?

Asking because I have the exact same voucher (AMEX Plat Travel) and can get vouchers worth another 28K (MRCC benefits)

Umm, unless they have changed the TnC - doesnt the card holder need to be physically present when redeeming this voucher?

Asking because I have the exact same voucher (AMEX Plat Travel) and can get vouchers worth another 28K (MRCC benefits)
Since they are addressing to the card member, they use this terminology everywhere. They have not mentioned anywhere that the voucher is non transferable.

No, they don't have to be physically present.

Bump.

Voucher will work fine. Anyone can use it.
Don't worry about taxes as your expenses excluding taxes is likely to exceed voucher value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back