taking firefox to the next level - flock

Safin

Skilled
Looks like ff.. feels like ff.. but this has some grt features..

new kid on the block.. give it a shot. Its early developer release but some of the features are real cool as i mention them below plus its compatible with most of the ff plugins..

FLOCK
Flock is based on the open source Mozilla code base. All of modifications to Mozilla code are released under the MPL, GPL and LGPL licenses. 100% of the Flock-created code to date is released under the GPL license.
Feature enhancements

RSS
The Flock browser has the ability to display RSS feeds right on the browser. An RSS Feed icon displays on the URL status bar on top, simply clicking on the icon will display the feed for that particular website. Firefox displays the RSS Feed icon at the lower right hand corner of the browser, clicking on the link will add the website as a bookmark. With Firefox you cannot view the RSS feed, meaning that you are actually viewing the website. With Flock you get just the news. When viewing the RSS feed, Flock lets you order the feed according to date or by source. There is also a nice little button that lets you switch to the actual website that is sending the feed.
rssfeed_flock.gif

rssview_flock.gif

Blog
Bloggers are going to love Flock. You can add your thoughts right off the browser. Flock guides you through the whole setup process asking for your username and password. Once the setup is complete, the rest is up to you and your keyboard. The blog editor has nice features such as enlarging text, creating a link and adding boldness to your text. Bloggers can also drag and drop “stuff†to an area on the browser. This must be a feature that is still in the works because I tried dragging a picture to the box, nothing happened. After selecting the Publish button, my thoughts were on my blog. You can easily manage all your blogs from the options menu under Blogging.

blog_flock.gif

History
Flock also does a really great job at indexing your history. Flock comes with the open source Clucene search engine built in. Each time you visit a web page, it indexes all the content on that page so you can easily retrace your steps later.
MORE HERE.

Reference

nice find SN...dloaded and installed.

i've also noticed tat its a tad faster than FF.

correct me if i'm wrong but i think the speed can be explained by the fact that flock is using the FF 1.5 code...so expect FF 1.5 final to be faster (when released) than FF 1.0.x :)

Back