Tata 2mbps plans over?

rshri

Adept
Nov 14, 2006
Hey Saiyan, your old plan must have expired. After renewal, what is the speed that you are getting in daytime? What plan has it been renewed with?

Spectre

Skilled
Jun 5, 2007
rshri said:
My sad saga continues.. Speed still 64 KBps after 9 PM, third night in row!
Just called CC, they say the problem has already been resolved! Just confirmed to them that problem is still there and got the ticket re-opened. I am on the verge of losing my mind...

just what i expected from that pathetic CC :rofl:

Without doing anything, they will call to confirm to close the case saying issue has been already resolved
Best customer service one can hope for :eek:hyeah:

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Aug 19, 2005
Texel, the Netherlands
www.techenclave.com
rshri said:
Hey Saiyan, your old plan must have expired. After renewal, what is the speed that you are getting in daytime? What plan has it been renewed with?

I got renewed with the Quick Power 180 plan re. Didn't check what i was getting last night but when i was downloading during the day i got around 200KBps. So no issues here :).

rshri

Adept
Nov 14, 2006
Saiyan said:
I got renewed with the Quick Power 180 plan re. Didn't check what i was getting last night but when i was downloading during the day i got around 200KBps. So no issues here :).

Hmmm... You are lucky!

After my problem remained unsolved for 5th night in row (CC again put my complaint status as "resolved" without actual fix), I also bought QP180 and set it to activate immediately by transferring all hours of earlier QP150 plan into the new account. But even this drastic measure didn't solve my problem. Despite QP180 plan being "upto 2mbps" I still got 512 kbps speeds. Called the CC again and they refused to accept low speed complaint and said that even QP180 is supposed to have guaranteed speed only upto 256 kbps and is officially supposed to vary between 256 kbps and 2mbps! I am thoroughly screwed. In my account, I now have pre-paid 330 hrs (150 + 180) with only 3 months validity and only 64KBps speed (whether its day or night). This is a nightmare!

My conclusion is that once the 2mbps speed gets reduced to 512kbps, its not technically possible for Tata to jack it to back to 2mbps irrespective of any plan/scheme.

techcheat

Adept
Jun 20, 2006
rshri said:
Hmmm... You are lucky!

After my problem remained unsolved for 5th night in row (CC again put my complaint status as "resolved" without actual fix), I also bought QP180 and set it to activate immediately by transferring all hours of earlier QP150 plan into the new account. But even this drastic measure didn't solve my problem. Despite QP180 plan being "upto 2mbps" I still got 512 kbps speeds. Called the CC again and they refused to accept low speed complaint and said that even QP180 is supposed to have guaranteed speed only upto 256 kbps and is officially supposed to vary between 256 kbps and 2mbps! I am thoroughly screwed. In my account, I now have pre-paid 330 hrs (150 + 180) with only 3 months validity and only 64KBps speed (whether its day or night). This is a nightmare!

My conclusion is that once the 2mbps speed gets reduced to 512kbps, its not technically possible for Tata to jack it to back to 2mbps irrespective of any plan/scheme.
No probably you needed the first one to finish and than the other 2 mbps package would be activated, right now its just in your pipeline.:hap2:

rshri

Adept
Nov 14, 2006
techcheat said:
What did you do to sort problems for the benefit of the forummers?

Though it wont help fellow forummers:

I got totally unexpected help - my local provider's new engineer corrected backend settings for me by himself. He is a great guy!