Tata 2mbps plans over?

I hardly surf during the day , even 30mins to 1 hr is sufficent so QP 360 works for me.

Those who feel the need , can get another ISP connection 64/128kbps for unlimited conn.

Well i like to keep myself away from the net during day time else i wont do anything but surf , so basically QP360 keeps me in control. ;)

OK guys my connection is up again. With QP150 I am getting 64 KBps during daytime. So I have tearfully said goodbye to skype video chatting and youtube video viewing that I used to do in daytime :-(

I will check speeds at 9PM to see whether 'night unlimited' is still 2mbps.

What are we supposed to do with modem after we shut the connection.. Are we suppose to return it to them or anything.. I havent paid any deposit..

rshri said:
OK guys my connection is up again. With QP150 I am getting 64 KBps during daytime. So I have tearfully said goodbye to skype video chatting and youtube video viewing that I used to do in daytime :-(
I will check speeds at 9PM to see whether 'night unlimited' is still 2mbps.

I am screwed! Just checked - my speed is still 64KBps even after 9 PM. I will check with CC again.

^Thats sad man :(

btw, got a call from tata indicom asking me to renew my connection as its getting over on monday. I asked if i can get a renewal pack to my house on monday, they said yes and guess what they still seems to have got the old plans with them :D. Have ordered quick power 180 for now. If its going on fine, will order a Quick Power 360 immediately after that. Will keep you guys updated :).

By old i meant the Quick Power 360/180/60. Not for the night unlimited, it'll be the same Rs.299 only.

Saiyan said:
By old i meant the Quick Power 360/180/60. Not for the night unlimited, it'll be the same Rs.299 only.

So that means - I screwed myself by doing online renewal myself rather than manually buying some old plan over phone from CC. That's really sad! Is there any way to rectify this? I suppose not.

BTW, I complained to CC of slow speed after 9 PM. They have registered the complaint. That is good, I feared that they will give me crap like - "2mbps speed is not guaranteed, depends on number of users at your area etc." But instead they accepted the problem.

Hoping that this issue gets resolved tonight.

I tried to buy a QP180 yesterday. It didn't show up, so was going to buy the validity top-up. By the time I had gone to get my credit card, the system had logged me out. I logged in again and the QP180 was available.

So if anyone else doesn't find the QP180 online, just try refreshing, logging in after some time etc. Or like the others have suggested, buy it on the phone.

^hehe, actually that refresh trick works. I was able to get one of those old plan each time i refreshed that renewal page. This way i was able to see Quick Power 60, 180 and 360 each time i refreshed that page.

What a funny thing :lol:

rshri said:
So that means - I screwed myself by doing online renewal myself rather than manually buying some old plan over phone from CC. That's really sad! Is there any way to rectify this? I suppose not.

BTW, I complained to CC of slow speed after 9 PM. They have registered the complaint. That is good, I feared that they will give me crap like - "2mbps speed is not guaranteed, depends on number of users at your area etc." But instead they accepted the problem.
Hoping that this issue gets resolved tonight.

Man! I am still screwed! For second night in row my speed is still 64KBps after 9 PM. Checked with CC - they say my complaint will be attended soon. I am really pissed off right now :mad:

Guys don't renew online, order the packs directly from the local distributor in your city. I renewed my plan recently, and the local distributor said that the old plans will be available for old customers at the same rate.. I'm getting normal speeds (200+ kbps) every night.

pcgamer said:
Its hitting 200Kbps, no issues here

It maybe the handiwork on local tata network guys at ur place :eek:hyeah:

Not really. Now that I am unfortunately on QP150, my normal speeds will not be more than 64KBps. Only thing that I can look forward to is that my 'nights unlimited' becomes 200KBps. This will require some sort of "settings correction" at Tata's end for which I have already registered complaint.
I am hoping that correction happens today, I haven't downloaded anything since last 4 days :mad:

Techman said:
(32 KBps) 256 kbps plan, but I hardly use during day time. I got good speed when I connected twice.

I don't get it. You are on QP150 plan, right? Then how is your speed only 32KBps? It should be near 64KBps (512kbps). What do you mean by 'connected twice'?

techster said:
Guys don't renew online, order the packs directly from the local distributor in your city. I renewed my plan recently, and the local distributor said that the old plans will be available for old customers at the same rate.. I'm getting normal speeds (200+ kbps) every night.

very true, all i can see online is the Quick Power 360 and on enquiring locally i found a dealer who has QP720 in stock, 12months validity
ordered two of those :D

My sad saga continues.. Speed still 64 KBps after 9 PM, third night in row!

Just called CC, they say the problem has already been resolved! Just confirmed to them that problem is still there and got the ticket re-opened. I am on the verge of losing my mind...

Back