tata broadband 512kbps unlimited plan

I live in baroda and currently using BSNL 256k unlimted plan.Would like to know about the quality of broadband service that tata provides.Also which plan is better--- Infinity - 512 Unlimited plan(512kbps speed) for 1,850 or Power On & On 6-512 prepaid unlimited plan(512kbps speed) for Rs1.8k a month ??

Also do we need a tata landline connection to get their broadband?? Anything else i need to know??

i'm a user of tata's 512k ul service... quite happy with it so far, barring the occasional downtimes... speeds are good, i get around 60kb/sec for my torrents and 62-63kb/sec on http download managers... my connection is via metro ethernet (in mumbai), though i know tata also provides connection via landline/adsl... so it'll depend on how tata serves your area...

I have been using the 512k plan for a month now... And i am extremely satisfied... I get consistant speeds over 60 on all apps.. I have the adsl connection which most ppl is better than the lan connection... The customer support is kinda bad but if you directly call the local engg it shouldnt be a problem...

i get upload speeds consistantly over 60....

@arrow55 : its better to take the 1 month plan only...never take anything more than that coz if the service is bad u'll be stuck with an operator for 6 months!

thats good to know coz the dumb hathway i got the upload speeds are like 7 kBs

but i dont like to keep the sign in page open all the time....any way to change that?

hathway's is a 1:4 connection i guess i.e. max upload is 1/4th of max dnld speed. my uploads get maxed out @13-14KBps....btw the download speed too sucks...sometimes even browsing pages seems like taking eternity....torrents max out @53-54KBps from private trackers..public ones max 20KBps.

Tata's dedicated speeds are really good. One thing you might want to note is that Tata's Customer Service really sucks. They claim action will be taken under 24 hrs if the net is down and all they do in 24 hrs is assign the complaint to the field engineers. By the time field Engineers fix the problem, it will be well over 48 hrs. I think, if you are ready to bear with there customer service at the time of outage, then Tata indicom is the best

I'm switching to this connection soon. Currently I have a Sify 256k line and I'm not satisfied at all.

Anything important I should know besides their bad customer service?

Tata's dedicated speeds are really good. One thing you might want to note is that Tata's Customer Service really sucks. They claim action will be taken under 24 hrs if the net is down and all they do in 24 hrs is assign the complaint to the field engineers. By the time field Engineers fix the problem, it will be well over 48 hrs. I think, if you are ready to bear with there customer service at the time of outage, then Tata indicom is the best

to bypass this problem...make friends wth the field engg so u never have to call the CS (coz they r pretty lame)...directly call the field engg...

thank you all.But none of you answered the second part of my question....i.e. which plan should i go for --- their home plan (Power On & On -512 unlimited plan) or their business plan(Infinity - 512 Unlimited plan) ??

TATA is awesome! Too bad they've got a bad customer service. 1mbps for 3600? Not reasonable, but looking at how some of the unlimited plans have been priced, not too much either.

Their service is much better than it was a year back.Their service 3 months back was good ,then in recent times deteriorated a bit.Looks like no compettion
from other service providers has done this to them .:bleh:.I am on 512kbps unlimited .I rate their overall service as ok.you can expect you problem to be fixed .But it may take arnd 1-7 days .

tata rocks!!!!!! 1mbps UL for 3.6k is excellent. not that i am planning to take one. but their pricing is good..

edit : i just checked. for this plan its written 'upto 1mbps' and not '1 mbps'. so there might be a catch..

Back