Tata Docomo 3G Pre-Launch Day Short Review ...1st in India

Tata Docomo 3G Pre-Lauch Day Short Review ...1st in India

Well many of us were waiting so badly for Tata Docomo 3G in the last few days. Well here it is finally in Bangalore TATA Docomo 3G signal is live and access is permitted from today morning.

First I had put my existing Tata Docomo 3G sim inside my Nokia 5230 and the speeds were quite good at around 1 ~ 1.5 Mbps or so. Please not this is using the APN : TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET. Balance will be deducted on using the APN as per your GPRS balance or from main account.

Here are screenshots from my Nokia 5230

I then connected it using my Huawei E122 HSDPA 7.2 Mbps / HSUPA 5.76 Mbps capable 3G Modem to my PC to checkout the tethered speeds. So here are few speedtests and screenshots :

Also here is a screenshot of download speed using IDM which is giving much higher speeds :

I cant test any other services like Video Streaming, Gaming etc as I am not quite sure on how to access them. If anyone has more info on it please post a comment here.

Here I will sign out with my 1st short review on TATA Docomo 3G.

The review will be updated once I find a way to use the other 3G features of Tata Docomo like live TV streaming, HD Voice, Gaming etc.

Also posted in Telecomtalk :

http://telecomtalk.info/tata-docomo-3g-speed-test-results/46837/

Facebook : Supratim Sarkar | Facebook

Twitter : supratimsarkar

Re: Tata Docomo 3G Pre-Lauch Day Short Review ...1st in India

great experimentation dude !!

waiting for the detailed review

alas !! 3G will be comming to India

thats a good review, quick question: existing sims of tata docomo will work or we need a different sim for 3g? I have purchased the sim last month and I am hoping I can use the same sim ..

I am using an existing 2G sim only and it was granted 3G access from today morning.

@ smnrock ---- Check my IDM speeds....its more than 600 KB/s using E122....I dont expect speeds to be much higher than that :p

Supra said:
I am using an existing 2G sim only and it was granted 3G access from today morning.

@ smnrock ---- Check my IDM speeds....its more than 600 KB/s using E122....I dont expect speeds to be much higher than that :p
No offence, but I heard their network support hspa+. So thought 750 KB/s is nice balance considering E122 :p
Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

When is mobile number porting coming into effect ??.

Supra how is Docomo network and service in Bangalore??

Well i too tested the Docomo 3G network in the morning and reported in the other thread too.

Speeds are good but if there is too much of decrease in the speed after lot of users get into the bandwagon then i think it would be a no go..

Plz read the above posts at least. Post # 5. Its an existing 2G sim that I am using.

Supra said:
Plz read the above posts at least. Post # 5. Its an existing 2G sim that I am using.

Woops :S Was too excited about the 3G :p
So i need to buy a regular docomo sim and 3G gets activated automatically?

DOCOMO's(and even Airtel's soon to be launched 3G) network is HSPA+ which has peak speed of 21.1Mbps! :)

So we can expect the real world speeds to touch 15mbps ;)

I just tested with bsnl in my house(I know its been there for a couple for years,only now did i bother :p),with full signal strength and got only 1mbps max :(.

What is wrong with BSNL 3G,is it something to do with the shared ip address.

^its just that they provide unlimited internet, that you get low speeds.
Things will change once private operators step in their space.
BTW Their 100 mb offer for unlimited internet on 3G is a joke

Back