TATA DOCOMO in Pune

soggy316

Adept
I am coming up to 3 months on my BSNL number (a mistake which i sorely regret). and was planning to port either to Voda or DoComo, Docomo primarily because their data rates are cheaper. Does anyone have any experience with them in pune, specifically the aundh-baner-pashan area? how is the range and data speeds? is it decent or does it tend towards BSNL. Vodafone works well, but is a bit pricey for my data usage, and Airtel LTE is not an option right now as i do not have a compatible handset.

Any thoughts? (I used to be on idea, but they too have degraded their services beyond salvation).

I'm using Tats Docomo prepaid since yr 2011. Its a Mumbai no. but in Pune since 3 years now. Yes their all plans are very cheap compared to other operators. But their internet keeps sucking all the time. You wont get a seamless connectivity. It keeps discontinuing every 15-30min and reconnects quite often. :banhappy:At times it gets no 3g signal and you cant force 2g/gsm then and again have to restart your phone. I have tried both only 3g and only 2g options but its all same. And on your phone screen you may find a very loooong list of their flash sms indicating all internet disconnections.:banghead:

This is how I'm coping with it since so long but have no option coz I got 6gb+ 3G left in my a/c and trust me it can never be used/utilized fully at least with a Docomo. :facepalm: o_O

Vodafone is awesome!!! Again a Mumbai Postpaid no. I use its internet occasionally and now got free net so its even more awesome. Pricing is higher but really worth for what you pay. :cool:
I'll always rate Vodafone 10/10 in all its services...calls/sms/net.:happy:

Sometime I regret keeping two sims and decide to discontinue Vodafone but its loyalty and trust makes me have a second thought. So I keep it as my backup.
Postpaid as a back??? Yup you heard that right!:p

I'm using Tats Docomo prepaid since yr 2011. Its a Mumbai no. but in Pune since 3 years now. Yes their all plans are very cheap compared to other operators. But their internet keeps sucking all the time. You wont get a seamless connectivity. It keeps discontinuing every 15-30min and reconnects quite often. :banhappy:At times it gets no 3g signal and you cant force 2g/gsm then and again have to restart your phone. I have tried both only 3g and only 2g options but its all same. And on your phone screen you may find a very loooong list of their flash sms indicating all internet disconnections.:banghead:

This is how I'm coping with it since so long but have no option coz I got 6gb+ 3G left in my a/c and trust me it can never be used/utilized fully at least with a Docomo. :facepalm: o_O

Vodafone is awesome!!! Again a Mumbai Postpaid no. I use its internet occasionally and now got free net so its even more awesome. Pricing is higher but really worth for what you pay. :cool:
I'll always rate Vodafone 10/10 in all its services...calls/sms/net.:happy:

Sometime I regret keeping two sims and decide to discontinue Vodafone but its loyalty and trust makes me have a second thought. So I keep it as my backup.
Postpaid as a back??? Yup you heard that right!:p

I thought so. I was just hoping against hope that DoCoMo would be at least somewhat decent. I guess I will port to vodafone. Thanks for your help :D

Docomo network is pathetic in Pune, at least in my work and home areas, Kalyani Nagar and Kondhwa. Internet keeps disconnecting every half an hour or so. Even the signal reception is poor at my home. The phone will just go to saying no network suddenly. Then latching on to network is a problem. I have to switch to airplane mode and back to catch a signal. NOT RECOMMENDED.

Docomo network is pathetic in Pune, at least in my work and home areas, Kalyani Nagar and Kondhwa. Internet keeps disconnecting every half an hour or so. Even the signal reception is poor at my home. The phone will just go to saying no network suddenly. Then latching on to network is a problem. I have to switch to airplane mode and back to catch a signal. NOT RECOMMENDED.

Thanks. I blindly ported to BSNL last time looking only at their cheap data rates. It has been a long 3 months

Even I ported from Airtel (when they stopped giving 3G) looking at cheap rates. Mind you the 3G speeds are really very good when they work. The trouble is it might not work when you really need it. So definitely not worth. Even I am looking to port back or find a different operator. Do let us know your preference and experience.

Back