Tata Docomo pricing throws gauntlet

Retailers are selling Docomo sims in black in several places!

Source: Twitter

BTW, iam unable to connect to their Customer Care from past 2 days..

Allready using it and loving it;using the prepaid connection right now;will shift to the postpaid later; love the customization offers in the postpaid plan - overall love the youthfulness of the overall brand;hope they will continue the trend and increase the service portfolio - where is the tariff for GPRS ???

They need to work on the network. I still love my age old Relaince CDMA - even worked in my office lift where all others leaders-n-feaders goes down.

hotshot05 said:
But Tata had the same 1 paisa/sec plan when it first launched. They showed many interesting advertisements on TV which focussed on this tariff.
But after some months they changed the tariff structure to per minute charges. It seems their GSM arm is following the same tactic to increase customer base in a hurry during its initial launch.

@ hotshots:

The tariff will be applicable for Lifetime i.e. All Local at 1p/sec. Any customer who has bought the connection under 1p/sec pulse will enjoy the same tariff for lifetime.

Thank you

salluks said:
first pls clear up ur screwed up customer service..only then will i ever even think of moving to anything offered by tata

@ salluks:

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We received overwhelming response from our customers due to which we initially faced congestion problems. However, corrective actions have been taken to resolve the call center connectivity problem.

Thank you

omg the postpaid plans are really good for mumbai peeps. i wish number portability was there. i would have shifted now to try out tata docomo.

when will the 3G plans be introduced? i really am hoping something affordable.

Sometimes, tata docomo Network suddenly drops to zero and come back to normal later ??? this is really sucks :( Also GPRS speed is pathetic

Tata docomo plans are good, however signal strength in my area is very less. I get a low signal in my room on the 1st floor. Ground floor = no signal.

Also calling at peak times, especially at evening is next to impossible. Network is always busy. I hope this is due to the unexpectedly large number of connections that were sold, so their n/w might be overloaded.

I will definitely give them some time (for their network and customer service to come to terms with the volume) before I pass a judgement (or switch to docomo) :)

I hope and pray it becomes a HUGE hit. That way other operators will be forced to end the "per minute looting" which they are currently doing. Also that way I dont have to switch to docomo.

For now, I just wish I had a dual SIM Phone :(
Making all my short calls over docomo would save me a huge amount.

And I'm sure if this catches on, this'll change the way Indians talk on mobiles. It'll be like "Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks..." :D

Hey!

You are speaking my mind out :)

PaulBarber said:
Tata docomo plans are good, however signal strength in my area is very less. I get a low signal in my room on the 1st floor. Ground floor = no signal.

For now, I just wish I had a dual SIM Phone :(

Making all my short calls over docomo would save me a huge amount.

And I'm sure if this catches on, this'll change the way Indians talk on mobiles. It'll be like "Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks..." :D

Back