Tata Indicom Broadband woes

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi,

I used to have a Tata Indicom Broadband connection from last 7+ years. It was one of rare connection being time based with charge of 9 bucks per hour for accessing broadband. I was using this as my download only connection. I had validity till 10 November with ~Rs.1650 in my account.

Until September 18/19, this year it was working fine. However it had stopped working from that time. I thought it would be a usual disconnection of overnight which gets resolved automatically whenever this thing happens. Also I was leaving country on 20th for a month, I could not register a service request. After I returned in October, I registered a service request. In 5-6 days to my shock it was closed automatically without any person visiting my place. On October 26 when I called CC, I got to know my area is not longer feasible for their service. To which I was told that I will get a call from their other department. To be on safer side, I thought to have it in written mode and mailed CC with all the details and what answer I have got from them.

From that date its nearly 2 months I have numerous mail conversation with same standard answer of 'With regards to your mail we would like to inform you that your concern regarding roll back has been escalated to our team on priority. We will communicate the resolution to you at the earliest as soon as we receive the feedback from our team. We request your continued support and co-operation during this time.' Only exception being couple of mails where its mentioned that my account is in 'Rollback'. I would need to handover all the equipment installed to them and withing 45 days amount present will be returned in Cheque. I have confirmed this with CC over phone 15 days back when I was in India and was able to call them.

There was no effect of threatening with legal proceedings because when I did, I got same above reply bluntly. There FB handle is as good as dead (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tata-Indicom-Broadband-20/188699707744). Mails to their nodal officer are bouncing as his/her mailbox is full. I had asked for physical address of their offices yesterday and have been given two addresses in Mumbai for their regional office.

What are my options to close this matter and get refund of my money ?

PS: I will be able to do anything regarding this between 21st December to 2nd January - period in which I will be in India.

Try these number

Please Note: In case you feel that your complaints are not being resolved to your satisfaction by our Call Center or Email teams, we request you to

get in touch with the below mentioned people for resolution

Level 1 - Name: Sankaranand.N
Email Id: sankaranand.N1@tatatel.co.in Phone Number (Weekdays 9:30 AM to 6 PM) : (044-66662173).

Level 2 - Name: Udayakrishnan.K
Email Id: Udayakrishnan.k@tatatel.co.in Phone Number (Weekdays 9:30 AM to 6 PM) : (044-66662881)

Level 3 - Name: S.Suresh
Email Id: s.suresh@tatatel.co.in Phone Number (Weekdays 9:30 AM to 6 PM) : (044-66662830)

@asingh

What happened to your connection finally ? Mins is prepaid and my money are stuck with them.

I had two connections. They shut down the one, I DID NOT want shut. I called up again. So they finally shut the one I wanted shut down, and re-activated the one I wanted to retain. Overall I did pay them extra for 2-3 months.

So approx in 3 to 4 months at max everything for you was resolved. Glad that it was resolved atleast. I am now thinking to move to Appellate authority for western region. Mails/calls to their CC not working and nodal officer is just for name-sake.

Yeah, my whole area isn't covered in their feasibility now. All TATA connections are off in my area, including mine. They even took away the router from me and did not return the money back.

So approx in 3 to 4 months at max everything for you was resolved. Glad that it was resolved atleast. I am now thinking to move to Appellate authority for western region. Mails/calls to their CC not working and nodal officer is just for name-sake.

All I can say: Best of luck.

Service providers are really a bad - bad lot in India, sorry to say. It is the typical B&M attitude. Be nice pre-sales, post sales show the middle finger. Bigger the company more the harassment.

Update time:
Finally I got cheque from them yesterday after lot of haggling. It took almost 9 months to process closure and refund :sweat:

Back