Tata Sky SD Digicomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am planning to get the new HD boxes from Tata Sky .. since there is no exchange offer for the old boxes , I ll have to keep the old DTH receivers .

Would any one be interested in purchasing the same @ decent prices bundled with the Remote .?

If any one is interested PM me , so that I can make a formal thread for the same .

You have hit the nail on the head, was waiting for a thread to start on the same as we will have lot of TS users lined up to sell their old boxes, as otherwise multiroom is the only option for them to get a HD box. I am myself a TS user currently deciding what to do.

Count me in too. I am a donor.

Got a vintage STB (in the true sense - 2006 model, the year TS launched) in pristine condition :D

I might have somebody potentially interested, but how is this going to work? What does that guy do just with the STB? How does he approach tatasky? Can he say "I need your dish and your package, but I already have the STB/remote"?

AFAIK STB is the property of the service provider and you have to return it in case if you close the connections. At least this is the terms of my Airtel DTH.

Nope, we pay for the stb, also there is a rule supposed to come out, that since all stb' s use basically the same basic software and hardware, the govt might allow for free switching, in which u only need to change the card.

Something like switching a number for your mobile from one provider to another.

Me too :p anyone know what price i can expect for 8-9 months old Tata Sky Plus ?

also does anyone know whether they would launch Tata Sky HD Plus or something :p ..

MAYBE THIS IS AN IGNORANT QUESTION BUT wont the price of a new hd STB include a new dish also? why dont you guys sell the whole setup?

drsingh said:
MAYBE THIS IS AN IGNORANT QUESTION BUT wont the price of a new hd STB include a new dish also? why dont you guys sell the whole setup?

Depends on the provider. In case of Dish, everything changes, but for Tata Sky, its just the STB
techstylist said:
Me too :p anyone know what price i can expect for 8-9 months old Tata Sky Plus ?

How about 2 K :D I would buy if you are fine with the charges :p

also does anyone know whether they would launch Tata Sky HD Plus or something :p ..

Customer Care told me November
Roxtin said:
AFAIK STB is the property of the service provider and you have to return it in case if you close the connections. At least this is the terms of my Airtel DTH.
In case of Tata Sky, it is the customer's property. Only the receiver and the smart card are Tata Sky's.

Dish TV is offering just 400/- for old STB if you wish to swich to a new HD STB. I paid more than 2000 for it just 6 months back, hence looking to sell it for 1000/-

niceguy1430 said:
Dish TV is offering just 400/- for old STB if you wish to swich to a new HD STB. I paid more than 2000 for it just 6 months back, hence looking to sell it for 1000/-
would you be willing to bundle the dish along with the STB? because as someone said, you'll get the whole setup if you switch to HD...

lol. the companies wont ask for the stb. i closed my dishtv connection more than 2 yrs back and the company didn't even ask for the stb back. Anyway, won't keeping the stb be a better idea? then you can go for multi-room setup and pay just 100 extra for the other stb or so i think instead of paying full price for both. Then moms can watch their fav channel and we can watch ours on the pc monitor with a tuner.

I have one Dish TV STB and its dish if anyone interested. Actually I had 2 Dish TV STBs and 2 dishes which I stopped using when I shifted from Delhi to Gurgaon.

Out of these 2 STBs, I gave one to Sun-HD and got Sun-HD @7500/- in their exchange offer. So now I have 1 STB and 2 dishes (with LNBs). I heard the dish and LNB can be used with any STB including TS.

I have also on offer one Tata-Sky STB (without dish) so that I can upgrade to TS-HD.

gauravs123 said:
would you be willing to bundle the dish along with the STB? because as someone said, you'll get the whole setup if you switch to HD...

I hav decided to keep the STB and use as a multi room option since I'm getting another LCD soon as part of the free giveaway on booking Mahindra Holidays time share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back