TE Blood Donor List

Okay, so I have donated blood a couple of times. In return, I got a blood donation card that promises me a unit of blood for me. Recently, one of my friend was in need of blood for his father. So I gave him my blood donation card. However, I came to know that the blood bank charges Rs. 350 for one unit of blood in exchange for the card. So my question is why should I donate blood for free if they are selling it for profit ?

Okay, so I have donated blood a couple of times. In return, I got a blood donation card that promises me a unit of blood for me. Recently, one of my friend was in need of blood for his father. So I gave him my blood donation card. However, I came to know that the blood bank charges Rs. 350 for one unit of blood in exchange for the card. So my question is why should I donate blood for free if they are selling it for profit ?

Testing, storage, transportation and other charges?

I'm not sure about what really goes on behind the scenes, but those would be my guesses. Can anyone shed a light on to how Blood Banks really work?

Update my information please..

Rahul++ instead of Rahulrulez and change city to Pune from Kolhapur.. (Blood group A+). Willing to donate blood anytime :) No money will be accepted. :D

Thank you!

They charge the nominal amount for the test carried out for HIV, etc, also for Cold Storage and other expenses like the free frooti they give you when you donate, trust me when in need of blood even Rs.1000.00 will be cheap if it means survival of a loved one, donating blood is a habit we must adopt and encourage.

Back