Shiny ;)

116.jpg

Some more shots
117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

Can anyone tell me if its difficult to mount 120mm sleeve fans on top of the CM 690 without modding? I have learnt form forums you need ball fans for roof mounted fans.... is this true?

Well mine is stock, not modded in whatsoever form. Will upload its pics soon in this thread as well as in Rig Gallery too. One problem I found with this Cabinet though, dunno its Cabinet issue or PSU one, but the wires are goddamn too much to arrange 'em neatly! Tried my best using examples set by u guys but still the place looks like a inappropriately mowed down lawn! :eek:hyeah:

OK Brothers here's my ugly :ashamed:

intestinessp1.jpg

Frontal Lobes

exoskeletonvk8.jpg

Will really appreciate ur suggestions to reduce the clutter of wires. :cool2:

Oh! Here's the whole setup's pic. Hope u guys would like it

mugshoteg0.jpg

Mine is regular without transparent side panel and no plans for any mod. But replaced all standard fans (very low CFM) with 1 Antec, 2 CM high CFM and 2 Scythe fans. (all 120mm)

Quote techcheat

"Can anyone tell me if its difficult to mount 120mm sleeve fans on top of the CM 690 without modding? I have learnt form forums you need ball fans for roof mounted fans.... is this true?"

I had the same doubt, but installed 2 CM high CFM (sleeve bearing) fans on top and even after few months, there is no problem and still as silent as in the beginning. Of course, they may not last as much as ball bearing ones.

Its hard to mount intake fans [with sleeve bearings] without any proper rubber washers as it creates a weird noise.

It hpnd when I tried installing my Scythe Kaze Ultra on the bottom and the top as an intakes. :(

You can either cut those vents and install it or use rubber mounts. :)

Anyhow, on topic, I've a CM690. Plain and not modded [but cables well managed :p] but I've some weird plans to cut down some of the grills on the plastic mounts. :S Those're totally unnecessary.

Dyudezh! I want to know if I can get a transparent side panel separately or should've bought the transparent one earlier? Speak out soon.

I also want to know , what type of fan is or can be attached on the bottom of the casing, the place where there is a mesh and 4 plastic parts stickin' out as if to support something.

Holy mother of god... I've been owner of this awesome cabby since year and how the hell did I miss this thread?? :mad:

Please add yours truly to the list.

Here are obligatory pics (current state)

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

Although currently it's unmodded, that is to change soon. :eek:hyeah:

Ryunosuke said:
Dyudezh! I want to know if I can get a transparent side panel separately or should've bought the transparent one earlier? Speak out soon.
I also want to know , what type of fan is or can be attached on the bottom of the casing, the place where there is a mesh and 4 plastic parts stickin' out as if to support something.
Kuchh to batayo bhai log? :huh:

Back