PC Peripherals TE Coolermaster 690 Owners Club

29zykv5.jpg

Guess I qualify? :)

Hey club members,

I did some modding on my CM690. Well face it, our cabinet doesnot have proper front intake, which is actually the most important aspect of proper cooling and airflow.

So i went ahead and did a tool less, drill less, bentless mod and fixed 2 120mm fans for awesome front intake.

Cheers guys! CM690 rocks!

Detailed pics:

A Close up, notice i only used cable ties & double sided tape to fix the fan, no dents, no bends, no drilling, i just shifted my ASUS combo one slot above, makes perfect space for a 120 mm fan

This is the "rear" one... cooling the ram, cpu hs and other components, prolly the NB too.

Final result, i guess its a good mod as this cabinet doesnot have any front intake at all, which is most critical in proper airflow and cooling.

What are you talking about ROCKFELLA?

CM 690 doesn't have front air intake?

What you did was added secondary front intake... good mod nevertheless. :)

Buddy no offences but yeah it doesnot have any front intake. The stock blue LED fan in front of the hdd enclosure has no practically no airflow, the measely cfm it has hardly contributes to the air flow inside the cabinet, it barely cools the hdds forget flow inside the cabbie :ashamed:

iGo said:
What are you talking about ROCKFELLA?

CM 690 doesn't have front air intake?

What you did was added secondary front intake... good mod nevertheless. :)

Off Topic: How good is the CM690 wrt Space & Cable Management? Also, are the Additonal Optical Drive Racks Removeable, like the HAF 932?

Woudn't want to get in a situation where one can't remove the DVD-RW due to the MoBo Interference. Any thoughts?

Lastly, if I go for an Full Tower Chasis, will i have to get a different PSU than those that fit into a Mid-Tower Chasis? I'm an Amateur at this, u see.

Regds

Space is amazing, cable management is decent, i would not say top notch as it doensot have dedicated compartment for cables behind mobo tray, its not a bug deal, cable ties FTW, drives cannot be removed like u said. Maybe u need HAF only. I saw it in NP, its bigger ;)

rutvijt said:
Off Topic: How good is the CM690 wrt Space & Cable Management? Also, are the Additonal Optical Drive Racks Removeable, like the HAF 932?

Woudn't want to get in a situation where one can't remove the DVD-RW due to the MoBo Interference. Any thoughts?

Lastly, if I go for an Full Tower Chasis, will i have to get a different PSU than those that fit into a Mid-Tower Chasis? I'm an Amateur at this, u see.

Regds

Thanks! But still in 2 minds......HAF is costly though.

rutvijt said:

Regds

I also hope this is not the case as well.

Nah, any PSU in the world fits into the 690, HAF has better cooling (supposedly more fans) and is bigger, way too big imo.

OT: Y do u need removable optical drives? :huh:

BTW Antec 300 is a very good option, has superior front intake (u can use 2 120mm fans) and has better build quality than CM690. Its smaller than 690, but not from inside, i just love the way Cm looks....

Antec 300 is Rs. 3300 approx.

rutvijt said:
Thanks! But still in 2 minds......HAF is costly though.

I also hope this is not the case as well.

Back