PC Peripherals TE Coolermaster 690 Owners Club

Thanks for your reply but I specifically want to know whether I will be able to install the two side fans and close the side door completely after installing CM 690.

Gunman said:
^Not possible with the SCCF.

Yeh... you can't install the side fan along with SCCF and there is not enough space with CCF top and side panel. Even if it was possible I don't see much sense in doing that as it will only hamper CCF fan's airflow.

What I've done is I've removed the side vents on panel (I've modded with with transparent window, although I haven't updated my gallery with modded pics). This assures me that I've my front-to-back/top airflow working without any problem or interference.

hey guys im so damn frustrated with 690:mad: ....i just cant manage to remove the front panel, is there any other way to do tht???

eh, it is pretty easy. Apply some force in the lower end of the front panel and gradually remove fully.

I also see any need to install the side fan but I am not interested in transparent window.

Is it possible to install the side fan if I install CCF 92 mm instead of 120 mm?

Is there any other cooler with which I can install the side fan?

Anand

@Anand: You can install the side fan on lower vent on side-panel. You can't put on top vent regardless what size (92/120) fan you're using on CCF. The CCF tower itself it quite tall, the heatsink itself won't leave enough gap to put side fan on top vent of side panel.

Check this :

EDIT:

Sorry, just read your post again. You meant CCF 92mm version. I've not seen 92mm version personally, but judging by the dimensions from sunbeamtech's website... looks like it's equally tall.

Do research before you make purchase, if putting side fan on Top vent is absolutely necessity for you (although, personally I would advice against it).

I'm using custom modded panel. The one you showed sucks in looks IMO... but your taste may differ. Like I said earlier, you will be able to use side fan on lower vent of default side panel.

I know that default side panel is just fine with one fan on the lower vent area but I feel dust will enter the cabinet through those holes. I don't prefer full size transparent window.

Nandu said:
I know that default side panel is just fine with one fan on the lower vent area but I feel dust will enter the cabinet through those holes.

That's another reason I never used fans on my side panel, even before modding. I mean, I had used once for week when I had bought my cabinet, but since there are no dust filters I had to clean up lot of dust (and few mosquitoes, who were sucked while flying around the cabinet. :p).

Anyway, since you realize this part, why are you so concerned about putting a side fan?

Updated the list as I started to get PMs :p....:)

Added

agm203 with pics

FaH33m modded :)

Phenom

mr47

krishnavamshi24

bluffguru

waseem46

rahulhbk

vercetti

Back