*TE Exclusive : Hitachi 250GB SATA-2*

Well Kunal he would have the drive but where are you located ?

If your not in Bangalore then shipping a single HDD would not be viable, I'd suggest you get it from your own city

anish i might be interested seriously but can ya ship it to my dealer call me up and we'll take bout it . actually 10000 /- is stuck with my dealer and ow i need to clear it so if he can ship it 2 my dealer it wud be better. but what about warranty issues the most hardest part here its not available less than 6k or sure.

Going 2 study now so can talk only 2morow. Check if Hitachi service is there in Kolkata.

Else take the Seagate 250GB SATA-2 for 5.3k (plus taxes & shipping)

i hate seagate 13245 yes hitachi MUST BE IN KOLKATA .. afaik thers nothing isnt calcutta its metropolitan dude :) i stay 100 kms away from kol.
Joe

Why the heck would any1 buy a PATA Drive NOW?

Intel is already knocking out ATA Ports in Mobo's, and your talking PATA :|

I dont think that matters these days with current boards.

I am on all SATA for almost 2 years now. No issues with overclocking. And mind you my PC has never ran on stock speeds in these 2 years.

Only HDD courruption that i got was with A8V Deluxe Revision 1.x board which didnt had PCI lock.

Crazy_Eddy said:
^ PATA drives tend to be more stable with higher overclocks (though I havent tested this out personally)

Thats coz sometimes ppl don lock the SATA ports before OC'ing. If u go beyond 219(or is it 229) Mhz or something it becomeds unstable. This usually applies only to SATA ports 1&2. SATA ports 3&4 are locked by default, so its advisable to connect ur HDD to either 3 or 4.

hunt3r said:
Thats coz sometimes ppl don lock the SATA ports before OC'ing. If u go beyond 219(or is it 229) Mhz or something it becomeds unstable. This usually applies only to SATA ports 1&2. SATA ports 3&4 are locked by default, so its advisable to connect ur HDD to either 3 or 4.

Good info there... Any place you can link me that... Would like to read this in more detail :)... Btw repped :)...

Sandy said:
switch this happens on MSI neo2 board

Yup, this particular case where the SATA ports 3 & 4 are locked is for the MSI K8N Neo2 board.. Depends on the motherboard.

@ Hunt3r, Some cases, its ports 1 & 2 that are locked.. Neednt be 3 & 4 are locked by default in all boards..

QuickFire said:
any particular reason for favouring PATA over SATA?
no technical reasons :p ....just that dunno y i trust pata drives more...also i like the connections of the pata data n power cables...sata drives connections seem too loose n fragile

Back