*TE Exclusive : Hitachi 250GB SATA-2*

apollyon said:
no technical reasons :p ....just that dunno y i trust pata drives more...also i like the connections of the pata data n power cables...sata drives connections seem too loose n fragile
Old tech !!! :bleh: !

j/k..;)

Switch said:
Good info there... Any place you can link me that... Would like to read this in more detail :)... Btw repped :)...

Thanks :) . I don remember where i read it, but it was a couple of months back. All i remember that it was a forum with a black background page :p

jus 1 line mentioning that

http://eclipseoc.com/index.php?id=6,9,0,0,1,0
Now for some advice for the following steps: If you have trouble hitting higher HTT/FSB speeds, check one of the following:
-SATA in port 1 or 2? Move it to 3 or 4, as 1+2 are generally unlocked. This may have been resolved with the Nforce4, but I am not certain. A sign of this is a limit around 229mhz

Anish , I am interested to buy a new Hitachi 250GB SATA-II hard disk . I hope you can help me?

i know one dealer personally here but he can only give me 200GB sata because of its wider availability .

TechHead said:
^That guy, eclipse, is brilliant btw. Interacted with him a lot at the [H], his knowledge of memory and A64s is awesome.
Yup... and he's micron/crucial crazy like me :p. He gets all the goods from crucial first.

Wow ! Just browsed though that site, its amazing !

Really so so much info on mem dividers and all, really added a lot to my knowledge :)

O/T : As many of you are talking about sata and stability in this thread. I would add - if you have stability issues with SATA on newer M/C's the first thing i would recommend is disabling SATA spread spectrum and then O/C.

@Raghu/Freaky, that's a great price for Hitachi :)

I brought the Hitachi 250GB SATA2 T7K series HDD at begining of Jan 2006 @ 5200 bucks from Ingram Micro.Didn't knew i got a COOL deal!

Back