TE PC Buying Guide August 2012

Zack where are you buying this RIG from? That will come handy to get you a decent configuration as well as where to buy it from.
@ALPHA17

KING COMPUTERS..:&:.. KHUSHAL CONSUMABLES (Andheri Branch)

Yes, I can confirm Seagate and WD both have 2years warranty now. WD Black - 5 years (Not readily available!)

GA-H61M-D2H-USB3 is good but Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H is much better. (Core i3 2120 + GA-B75M-D3H = 11300)

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I can confirm Seagate and WD both have 2years warranty now. WD Black - 5 years (Not readily available!)

If you are based in Bombay will it not be better that you go to Lamington Rd. and get the RIG from there, the prices and variety will be much better.

For all HDD's or just 2TB like mentioned above..

GA-H61M-D2H-USB3 is good but Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H is much better. (Core i3 2120 + GA-B75M-D3H = 11300)

GA-H61M-D2H-USB3 is not readily available otherwise its perfect for G630.

ALPHA17 G630 is now available to replace G620.

Anybody know when IVY Pentiums will be available...

EDIT : -

Its launched yesterday... Should be available in a month...

http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2012/2012090202_Intel_launches_mid-class_and_budget_desktop_CPUs.html

GA-H61M-D2H-USB3 is not readily available otherwise its perfect for G630.

ALPHA17 G630 is now available to replace G620.

Did Ivy-Bridge Pentiums release OR will they release, I doubt and even if they do I do not see them getting adopted until availability gets stable. Till then Intel's Haswell lineup will be on our doorstep.

What is the pricing like on the Intel Pentium G630? If it is more than ~500/- more than the G620; stick to the latter I say. ~1000/- bucks for a 100MHz increment in processor clocks. Preposterous.

For all HDD's or just 2TB like mentioned above..

For all Barracuda series drives the warranty period has been increased to 2 years (not just 2TB) --> http://technewspedia.com/seagate-increases-the-warranty-period-of-your-hard-drives/.

Hope this answers your question mate, Cheerio!

The best part is unlie Western Digital clearly stating warranty terms for each hard-drive sub-family Seagate leaves a cryptic note on its site saying that its products have warranty periods ranging from 1 -->5 year(s). http://www.seagate.co.jp/support/warranty-and-returns/limited-consumer-warranty/

^.. G630 is selling for 3.4k according to deltapage... Ao its hardly 150-200 bucks more...

IVY Pentium G2120 would replace G870 at that price point so I guess it would be hardly available.. Hence Sandybridge based Pentiums would be available for a little longer & like you said it should be available till Haswell shows up...

Intel launches mid-class and budget desktop CPUs

Single-core Celeron G465 replaces G460, and both come with 1.5 MB L3 cache. The G465 supports Hyper-Threading technology, which allows it to run 2 threads at once.

In addition to new products, Intel also cut prices on three SKUs. The price of Core i3-2130 was dropped from $138 to $117. Pentium G870 price was slashed by 13%, from $86 to $75. Celeron G550, previously offered for $52, now costs $42.

If you are based in Bombay will it not be better that you go to Lamington Rd. and get the RIG from there, the prices and variety will be much better.

Difference is negligible this days, since Distribution source is same. Price may be slightly high but it becomes negligible if you consider time it takes drive to Lamington Rd + fuel expenses ;)

Difference is negligible this days, since Distribution source is same. Price may be slightly high but it becomes negligible if you consider time it takes drive to Lamington Rd + fuel expenses ;)

I am not a Bombay guy, so you caught me there. Wish you guys could experience the Metro, it takes not more than ~[SUP]1[/SUP]/[SUB]2[/SUB] hour to reach Nehru Place from my house which is ~30km away.

People from NCR looking for 3570K... Computer Empire is having ready stock and price is also 15000k(tax paid) and if you can baragin, this could be even less. I am no way associated with them and its just a information I wish to share... and I have got one for myself :)

@ALPHA17
Why don't you suggest Circle Cabinets with SMPS for the lower price builds?
Any problems they have?

I have been using Circle Cabinets for all my builds for friends.
They SMPS though nowhere close to the separate PSUs we usually buy but Circle SMPS has been working on my rig for around 5 years now.
Only one of the SMPS I had installed for my friend had to be replaced (I think it was more to do with the friends electric wiring coz most of the devices had their PSU going kaput) and that too was repaired and received in 10 days

The cabinets are just a small part and I am sure iball/zebronics will be good too.
But just wanted to know if there is something I am unaware of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back