Tegra 2 HD Video Playback issues : Any possible fix?

ChironX

Disciple
I saw some visible stutter while trying to play even 720p videos using Moboplayer in my Photon 4G, which has Tegra 2. Installing a hardware accelerated player (Diceplayer Lite) removed that issue to quite a bit.
But I am wondering if it can play 1080p videos? I tried one from youtube, and sound was off within the first few initial seconds, and video was jerky like anything. Motorola and nVidia's documentations say that the phone is perfectly capable of playing full HD videos, am just wondering..am I missing something here?:huh:

Would appreciate if someone shows me the way to play both 720p and 1080p videos in the phone. Otherwise, photon is a fantastic device with almost no flaws and very smooth operations.
Thanks in advance! :)

If you are trying to play 1080p videos through flash on youtube(from web browser) then it is not gonna work as no mobile SoC is capable of doing it.

Try ripping your videos to mp4 ,it will most definetly work

I downloaded two videos from youtube, one 1080p and another 720p (both as .mp4) format. But using the default video player, they didn't even open. I used MoboPlayer, both of them were extremely choppy.

Using Diceplayer, 720p video was smooth, but a bit less choppy(albeit stuttery) result for 1080p one. Do I need some sort of conversion here?

they might not have been mp4,they might have been flv files or the codec used must have been different...

convert to mp4 format using h.264 codec.

Use handbrake to convert.....vids will definitely work then

I also have ATRIX 4g which is also running same tegra.

In my experience I have managed to play some Samsung 1080p demo clip properly.I could not fast forward it.it would stutter.

But once playback started,it played smoothly and stutter free.

Tegra 2 is completely capable of playing 1080p videos, but not all kinds of codecs..

The youtube ones must be VP7 which may not be supported.

Just to satisfy yourself, try converting to MPEG4 format (using MediaCoder), it should definitely play :)

My SGS2 runs 1080p flash videos on Youtube buttery smooth ! And so do the normal MKV 1080p !! Every video is buttery smooth with no lag or chop whatsoever.

chaitu.genius said:
If you are trying to play 1080p videos through flash on youtube(from web browser) then it is not gonna work as no mobile SoC is capable of doing it.

Try ripping your videos to mp4 ,it will most definetly work

Back