Testers for seedbox

The question here is not necessarily about speeds but rather stability. I'd strongly suggest deciding on maximum number of users (5 at the most for a 100 mbps box). And fix a specific time when all you testers add high activity torrents and see how the box takes it.

And am sure that this will have ftp access to take stuff out? Please test that as well since that tends to give headaches to seedbox admins if not done properly

Thanks for the suggestions.Yes I have provided ftp access too. And as for the number of users I am going with 6 on this one.Lets see how the box fares.

Thanks for the suggestions.Yes I have provided ftp access too. And as for the number of users I am going with 6 on this one.Lets see how the box fares.
error
No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.
you working on something ?

started working again

All pm's replied.

Sorry guys no more slots left as all the space is allocated.Thanks for showing interest though.
@asingh -- you might try adding torrents which have lesser number of seeds.19K seeds in my book is a no go for seeding ;) Kindly try on fresh new torrents which are swarming.
@dinjo -- Right now I havent provided shell access, as it might interfere with the testing, it might so happen that I am tweaking something and don't want the box to be turned on (rtorrent instances) and some user with shell can start it off.So to avoid the confusion, I haven't provided shell access.

Last edited by a moderator:
Able to upload almost 100 gb in less than 14 hour....
So far going awesome look like will easily upload 150 gb in one day....:)

Will do few more changes today.,so it will not be available for some hours.Also will be reducing the space to 100GB/user as it leaves some free space for experimentation.

All pm's replied.

Sorry guys no more slots left as all the space is allocated.Thanks for showing interest though.
asingh -- you might try adding torrents which have lesser number of seeds.19K seeds in my book is a no go for seeding ;) Kindly try on fresh new torrents which are swarming.
dinjo -- Right now I havent provided shell access, as it might interfere with the testing, it might so happen that I am tweaking something and don't want the box to be turned on (rtorrent instances) and some user with shell can start it off.So to avoid the confusion, I haven't provided shell access.

Put a 30G file with 5 seeds. 258 KB/s is the speed now. Is not more seeds better.

@asingh --- I overlooked the channels settings on your client.Now you should be able to download/upload at max.The channel was set for 256KB/s down.

Have decided not to do any changes for the day.Please dont add any torrents for the remainder of the day.I am going to rebuild it so that the disk space shows clearly and also that it doesnt crash when space gets filled. I will do the rebuild in the evening today.Hope by then you guys can continue seeding your already downloaded torrents and avoid any HNR's etc incase. Data will be destroyed hence the pre warning.

asingh --- I overlooked the channels settings on your client.Now you should be able to download/upload at max.The channel was set for 256KB/s down.

Okay makes sense. Will check the speed once I get back home. I cannot access the SB from office.

@ALL:
Are you guys able to UL...?

I tried something, but it turns out there are crashes while hash-checking torrents., I guess will leave the config as it is. You all can continue to use it. There will be no data deletion.

@asingh -- When you mentioned about getting low speeds,I thought it was upload speeds, but it turned out to be download speeds.That error was rectified and now you should be able to get max download speeds.The reason why you are not uploading anything is your choice of torrents. I have taken the liberty to post your rutorrent screen here. If you find anything wrong with it, do remove it as you are the mod here. ;)

jMAJV.jpg

As you can see from the pic, you have added 3 torrents of which 2 have seeders in 1000's and leechers very nominal.Yet you have managed to upload few MB's on them too.Any veteran torrenteer will tell you, such torrents are not seed friendly.The other torrent has 1 leecher.Again same scenario. I would suggest you when you get back from your office, login to your tracker, and download the latest 10 or so released torrents.If you are still not able to upload on them,there is definitely some problem.

@dinjo --- check your inbox after a few minutes.

I tried something, but it turns out there are crashes while hash-checking torrents., I guess will leave the config as it is. You all can continue to use it. There will be no data deletion.

asingh -- When you mentioned about getting low speeds,I thought it was upload speeds, but it turned out to be download speeds.That error was rectified and now you should be able to get max download speeds.The reason why you are not uploading anything is your choice of torrents. I have taken the liberty to post your rutorrent screen here. If you find anything wrong with it, do remove it as you are the mod here. ;)

jMAJV.jpg

As you can see from the pic, you have added 3 torrents of which 2 have seeders in 1000's and leechers very nominal.Yet you have managed to upload few MB's on them too.Any veteran torrenteer will tell you, such torrents are not seed friendly.The other torrent has 1 leecher.Again same scenario. I would suggest you when you get back from your office, login to your tracker, and download the latest 10 or so released torrents.If you are still not able to upload on them,there is definitely some problem.

dinjo --- check your inbox after a few minutes.

I totally agree with your analysis above. The DL cap you have fixed, which is good. Today morning like 4-5 percent; of the 30.21GB load was done. Now it is completed, which shows that the throughput is nice. :) I will pick up some FL packs which have a lot of leechers and check out UL speed. I think your DL speeds are nice. What pricing you thinking off, for these packages. Or is that yet to come.

*image can remain. Thanks.

I totally agree with your analysis above. The DL cap you have fixed, which is good. Today morning like 4-5 percent; of the 30.21GB load was done. Now it is completed, which shows that the throughput is nice. :) I will pick up some FL packs which have a lot of leechers and check out UL speed. I think your DL speeds are nice. What pricing you thinking off, for these packages. Or is that yet to come.

*image can remain. Thanks.

For getting best upload always choose newer torrent with gokd no of leecher,old torrent with 100 no of seeder does not guarantee a good upload speed always..

Back