Testers for seedbox

@chris

Dude all the torrents have timed out!! and they are showing error

new torrents are not getting downloaded

also i tried the "unpack" feature which automatically extracts rar files

and i got this error

[05.09.2012 09:05:21] WebUI started.
[05.09.2012 09:05:36] FILE MANAGER ignited
[05.09.2012 09:05:40] FILE MANAGER: rar archive manipulation disabled (application not found)
[05.09.2012 09:05:40] FILE MANAGER: zip archive manipulation disabled (application not found)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stats not updating correctly on freshontv , right now uploaded 47gb on one torrent & in my a/c it shows only 17 gb uploaded , i used to get this problem with other seedboxes too but only if i update the tracker manually, as long as the tracker updated every one hour on its own the stats always updated correctly.

What about the other torrents from freshon ? Are they updating ?

ubergeek -- the reason why your torrents are timing out is because the proxy is failing, replace it (i have already done it) now your torrents should be ok.

Ok now everything seems to be fine :S after chaning the proxy, @chris

When the seedbox comes out of testing?would we be still needing the http proxy inorder to seed to ipt and TD and speed.cd?

- - - Updated - - -

Also dude iam unable to add rss feeds i generated the rss link for the site and i tried adding it but iam getting some error

^ That is my primary concern right now.Lets see what happens.

As for the unpack thingie, Do this select the torrent of your choice > click on the Files tab > browse to the folder where the rars are stored > right on any one of them and select unpack. A box will pop up asking for a location to save the files. Hit OK. Then use the Filemanager to browse to that file and you can move it, rename it, also make a torrent of it. The screenshots option via Filemanager doesnot work, but it works outside (ie in the Files tab)

ubergeek -- For RSS please contact masterguy, I personally have no experience in using them.He daily uses them and fills up the HD in no time :p

What about the other torrents from freshon ? Are they updating ?

ubergeek -- the reason why your torrents are timing out is because the proxy is failing, replace it (i have already done it) now your torrents should be ok.

Nope, almost all torrents have this problem , this happens only on freshontv

^ Sorry I didnt get you. You mean to say other trackers are updating properly but freshon's is not ? It could be that since the tracker updates in an hour if some problem does occur during that instance of updating, then a whole lot of download/upload is lost.This can be rectified by keeping the tracker updates to say like 15 mins or 1/2 hour.You will either have to manually do it or just leave it as it is. I dont think we can do much about it.Thats the reason many sites have 1/2 hour or even 15 minute tracker updates.It keeps errors to a minimum.

@chris
Great will do for a moment i got this error on ipt
Tracker: [Could not parse bencoded data]

Now it is not present .

Yea , i wasnt clear in my first post, i have always had trouble with seedboxes on freshontv , but earlier stats recorded wrongly only when i manually updated the torrent , with this box i have not touched any torrent after adding and still they do not update correctly , i think only the snatch list which records HnR is affected overall stats are still correctly recorded. Cant do anything .

@chris
Great will do for a moment i got this error on ipt
Tracker: [Could not parse bencoded data]

Now it is not present .

Check with the proxy you are using, not all proxies are friendly,they tend to mess up every now and then.If you hit some wall,change the proxy.Simple. ;)

Yea , i wasnt clear in my first post, i have always had trouble with seedboxes & freshontv , but earlier stats recorded wrongly only when i manually updated the torrent , with this box i have not touched any torrent after adding and still they do not update correctly , i think only the snatch list which records HnR is affected overall stats are still correctly recorded. Cant do anything .

Yeah looks like a site problem, if you facing the same problem with other boxes too.

Guys. I am not talking about denting my ratio. And i fully understand that this is in a beta phase, so don't think for a second that i am complaining.
The 10GB i am talking about is the one i had downloaded from the box to my PC via FTP.
I was trying the seedbox not to improve my ratio but to test that is it a good alternative to file hosts like Netload that i currently use. I have used freeleech torrents mostly till now so there isnt a question of denting my ratio. Plus i already have a buffer of nearly 400GB on the tracker so i don't mind even denting it a little just to check it out.

#Chris - do you have any invites that you can throw my way. Looking mainly for a tracker which has a good collection of TV Series in 720p.
If you are a Eliter User on BitGamer you can ask for invite on BG forums for BTN which is currently the best source for TV !, you'll need to PM bree at BG

#Chris - Thanks for the opportunity to let me try out your seedbox. I know i didnt use it for long but i have kinda made up my mind that they are not my cup of tea, especially since i have only 1 private tracker account and invites to good trackers are hard to come by.
I will be sticking to file hosts for now as they are comparably cheaper and less of a hassle.
I would like to free up my slot so that some other community member can avail this wonderful opportunity that you have presented.
Thanks again.
I have removed all torrents from my account and removed the proxy as well.

^ BTW what prices you are planning to put up for these boxes ?

EDIT - OT - I had used one 10Gb box for 1 week with SSD and max download speed which i got was 298Mb and upload of 495Mb , the client was deluge

^ I will try other providers too before making the pricing decision.This IPT/TD thing is a let down.My idea was to provide multiple plans rather than having one single plan across the board.Anyways how much are you willing to pay for a 200GB -shared100mbps -UL traffic for a month ?

OT -- Thats really good,but that traffic is mostly internal when the box is transferring the files to another box in the same datacenter. Its like copy pasting on your 10gbit lan ;) Nice to see it though nonetheless :p

Looking around most providers give at 15-20$ p.m offering average (10Mbps upload) but what differentiate is the level of support , lack of downtime, , use of http downloads and finally VNC the proxy would be a big downer and you would attract lot of negative feedback on it either mention that in terms in *bold* or get the trackers allow without proxy , I wont use the seedbox with proxy on high level trackers they would just throw me out.

Another O.T this was the box i was talking about

^ Were you can hardly upload anything if you don't get torrent within 5 mins :lol:

SCC & GFT isn't hard to get in , the one overhyped tracker is FTN where its almost impossible to get in.

Most high level trackers have dedicated uploaders with autobot and as said above the pre-times are fastest and all of uploaders are on 10Gb seedbox, you can google "trace corrupt" to find the site to see the race.

I have been on GFT and SCC and have been quite satisfied there mods are helpful GFT is really awesome since you only have to seed for 48 hours i.e including leech time and on top of it its ratio free so i never run into any issues with ratio I get most content from GFT nowadays and if i want something which is not there anywhere i just request on SCC and uploaders are very quick to upload it for you.To conclude I use

GFT - HD/Games
SCC - Torrents which has no seeders anywhere (Archive/Music is freeleech)
BCG/BG - Portable Games and P2P releases
BTN - TV
IPT - It has turned into shit after asking for seed time which is pathetic on a ratio site
TD - Feel its turning better day a day
FL.Ro - All Romanian trackers has many seeders and leechers
RuTracker - Probably the best tracker with no ratio

Back