Audio TH-X00 from Massdrop

Powersurge

Casual Gentleman
Adept
Pinging @FaH33m and @toxicdrift in particular.

Seriously considering picking up a pair of Fostex TH-X00's from Massdrop, a couple of questions though.

1: Card will be charged after the drop ends, aye?
2: What's the situation with customs? 500 USD headphones will probably attract a good amount, any idea/experience how much so?

Anyone else who can provide any inputs, please feel free to do so.

i wouldnt advise u to get it here directly... please ship it to someone in the u.s 500 usd will attract a minimum of 30% ... my realforce 87u i payed 7k duty on, from massdrop.. and that was just a 200$ item.. so im thinking you are looking at a minimum 16-20k duty on it... and yes the card will be charged once drop is over.

they r really really good.. the headphones but u will need a powerful amp for it to really get the best of them.. .. faheem has the d5000 which are like the spiritual grandfather for these. .. loves them :)

Plan to actually splurge on the AMP + these. Was gonna go for the JDS Labs The Element. I think ill just wait and get the amp + fostexs when a relative comes down then :)

What @toxicdrift said . Better to get it shipped to US or some other place where there is no duty and then re-ship to yourself or ask friend/relative to carry it . Do get a good DAC and amp , wont need something too powerful but decent amount of power to drive. Overall they are one of the best closed headphones you can get .Especially if you love bass :)

Back