That "onsite" visit

thanks for all your suggestions and advice guys...

I've finally reached USA ... i'm in Jersey City right now.. reached here last week (31st local time)...the flight was butter smooth without any kind of stupidity anywhere...

Good! Hopefully immigration was quick as well.

My office bought tickets for my last trip really late, so my return trip took me 40 hrs.
<

My office bought tickets for my last trip really late, so my return trip took me 40 hrs.
sad.gif

I have had to spend a night at an airport hotel after a cancelled flight and all this before my luggage was loaded and unloaded from a flight which had me as a standby passenger. Harrowing experience where i got onto my flight 28 Hours after i reached the airport.

woah! reading your about your experiences, I got off very well...Immigration too was cool..the guy there didn't bother much, just asked for my visa petition and 'let me in'
<

btw now that I'm here and kinda settled what with a new laptop and stuff, just had a quick question - how strict are the stuff around here with the internet piracy and stuff? I have a mouthwatering connection here and don't want to miss out on any episode/new releases ;-)

{For the time being though, I do have some stash which i'd brought in from home}

woah! reading your about your experiences, I got off very well...Immigration too was cool..the guy there didn't bother much, just asked for my visa petition and 'let me in'
tongu23e.gif

btw now that I'm here and kinda settled what with a new laptop and stuff, just had a quick question - how strict are the stuff around here with the internet piracy and stuff? I have a mouthwatering connection here and don't want to miss out on any episode/new releases ;-)

{For the time being though, I do have some stash which i'd brought in from home}

Don't worry much about that.
<

Btw if you need to talk about anything, you can call me. PM me if you need my number ?

Seems you are having some jet lag as you are still not asleep, its already 11:45 PM for you on east coast.

tongu23e.gif

Personally, I have not used BitTorrent in the US. Why take the risk? Even if MPAA/RIAA don't try to take you to court, people still receive warnings from Comcast/At&T. Stick to http downloads and/or usenet.

Also #raksrules - 11:45 PM on day one of a three day weekend.
<

ok...so the downloads from RS are relatively safe? will stick to that then...

and @raksrules- do pm me your number.

@whatsinaname - exactly...11:45 on a 3 day weekend is the perfect start to this weekend
<

EDIT:

can someone approve any of my post? I'm kinda tired of seeing this

"You can make 3 more posts until 08 April 2012 - 03:35 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 1 more approved posts"

message everytime I reply to any post!

PS: should my post be in a topic other than the generals for it to be approved?

#[member='raksrules'], what is a cart?

Your credit card or change 5$ for taking the cart on US airport. They cost 5$ each and i suggest paying through credit card (Indian CC will do fine). Keep some change like 1$ / 5$ / 10$ / 20$ too and not only 100$

Never mind, I think I figured it out. That is paid in the US? Wow.

luggage carts at airports.

It's a little expensive for a cart, but it's a system that works. People don't leave carts at random places (for the most part). Plus, most baggage has wheels.

Out of curiosity, are these any different or specially equipped as compared to the ones we get at say Hyderabad, Bangalore or the T3?

Out of curiosity, are these any different or specially equipped as compared to the ones we get at say Hyderabad, Bangalore or the T3?

It is all the same, just that it costs 5 $ to pick each cart and you get back 25 cents when you return it to its rightful place. Something most people do not do. If you remember the movie Terminal of Tom Hanks, he used to put carts back and get some money.

@ agantuk : the carts which we get for free in India costs 5$ in US (atleast thats the cost in JFK don't know if its the same throughout..)

in my case, i had just one bag and one backpack and the bag had wheels so didn't need to use it....(also, the fact that I couldn't stop converting it to rupees ...I was thinking that a stupid cart costs 5*50 = 250 bucks..
<
)

@raksrules: Thanks for sharing your number..I'll call you tomorrow buddy..

@ agantuk : the carts which we get for free in India costs 5$ in US (atleast thats the cost in JFK don't know if its the same throughout..)

in my case, i had just one bag and one backpack and the bag had wheels so didn't need to use it....(also, the fact that I couldn't stop converting it to rupees ...I was thinking that a stupid cart costs 5*50 = 250 bucks..
tongu23e.gif
)

@raksrules: Thanks for sharing your number..I'll call you tomorrow buddy..

You will stop converting once you get your first salary in your bank account
<

oh the first salary is a bit of a PITA here...i need to get my SSN done for which I need to wait for atleast 2 weeks .... and by the time I get my SSN, it'll be another month...so I need to take some $$ as advance salary from my company
<

oh the first salary is a bit of a PITA here...i need to get my SSN done for which I need to wait for atleast 2 weeks .... and by the time I get my SSN, it'll be another month...so I need to take some $$ as advance salary from my company
indifferent14.gif

Get SSN done first and then try getting a driving license soon. It will help you, firstly whenever you will rent / buy a car and till the time you do not have access to car, it shall serve as a US Identity card.

Back