The Absurd News Thread - Stuff that makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

rootyme

Himmatwala
Adept
Aug 13, 2021
This thread is to be a infinite collection of absurd, stupid and illogical stuff that happen around the world. Members are encouraged to post their reactions/opinions/commentaries alongside the news. Please remember not to be hateful/abusive. If you prefer to be a critic, please aim to post constructive criticism(s).

Here I go:

Speechless.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
This could be the longest thread ever. There is no shortage of batshit crazy things from this country alone and then you add the world. Haha!

I don't have a link only a story from over ten years back

A teenage boy goes missing from a village in Bihar. Some days later the local police recover a headless body but it's of someone in their 30s. They inform the father it's not his son. A few days pass but the distraught father doesn't believe the police and gets a gang of many together to attack the police station and recover the body. The police have to resort to firing charge to save the station and themselves. Some of the villagers were injured in the melee. Can't remember if it was more serious injuries or not.

A month later the teenage boy is spotted in Delhi having eloped with his girlfriend :D

Last edited:

dpandey

Adept
Jul 11, 2010
Bangalore
This thread is to be a infinite collection of absurd, stupid and illogical stuff that happen around the world. Members are encouraged to post their reactions/opinions/commentaries alongside the news. Please remember not to be hateful/abusive. If you prefer to be a critic, please aim to post constructive criticism(s).

Here I go:

Speechless.
This is a very well established technique. Not sure why you are calling it absurd or illogical.

This is how it works. Most boards will remove all information identifying the student before sending the paper for evaluation. The student who has bribed the evaluators has to put some unique pre-agreed signs on the answer sheets. The interesting part is not Jai Sri Ram, which many students may write. They also put names of Indian cricketers on the paper, which would most probably have been the codeword.

The stupid part was writing Jai Sri Ram which turned this minor event into a headline.

This may also have been the method used in far more sinister WB teacher recruitment scam where blank OMR sheets were given pass marks

Exam grading scams are far more common than we would like to believe. Here is an American story. One of my friends, a PhD student in a east coast university, was asked to grade some junior student's papers. One of the students, who was most likely to fail, showed up at his office and threatened to thrash him up if he didn't pass. When my friend contacted his professor, the professor asked him to give the student the lowest passing marks and end the matter.

Last edited:

lockhrt999

Not a Fan.
Skilled
Aug 22, 2011
If India didn't have UP, life would be boring.

4c36bc28-764e-4662-ba1c-bfd5c2498800.jpg
7e0fca32-d1b4-425f-87e6-b006be06ed84.jpg
480b4f78-c681-4170-a41d-23e8dc87ba3e.jpg
ac3f5a8a-5f4d-4349-b415-a432cd1097da.jpg
b8a4309c-f3c3-4e32-9fd6-f714711e22f7.jpg

valar007

Disciple
Dec 31, 2020

Drugs: India police say rats ate 200kg of seized cannabis
"Rats are tiny animals and they have no fear of the police. It's difficult to protect the drug from them," a court in Uttar Pradesh state has said. The court had asked the police to produce the stash as evidence in cases of drug peddling.

The judge cited three cases in which marijuana was destroyed by rodents. Judge Sanjay Chaudhary said in an order that when the court asked the police to produce the seized drug as evidence, it was told that 195kg of cannabis had been "destroyed" by rats.

In another case involving 386kg of the drug, the police filed a report saying "some" of the cannabis was "eaten up by the rats".

Judge Chaudhary said some 700kg of marijuana seized by the police was lying in police stations in Mathura district and that "all of it was under danger of infestation by rats".

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Mar 24, 2005
51nD m3!
www.techenclave.com
Not at all surprised nor amazed as such crap can easily happen in India esp. given the no. of andh bhakts around and their supporters either willingly or under pressure. I'm expecting someone easily cracking UPSC JEEE NEET CET and every such entrance exams by only writing the lords name and if that guy fails I'm sure that will be a global issue and an Indian law will be willfully passed to allow such bullshit along with a discount for gals to only write the name in short..

SO..
1715342918409.gif

Last edited:

kartikoli

Skilled
Feb 6, 2010
Lucknow

Drugs: India police say rats ate 200kg of seized cannabis
"Rats are tiny animals and they have no fear of the police. It's difficult to protect the drug from them," a court in Uttar Pradesh state has said. The court had asked the police to produce the stash as evidence in cases of drug peddling.

The judge cited three cases in which marijuana was destroyed by rodents. Judge Sanjay Chaudhary said in an order that when the court asked the police to produce the seized drug as evidence, it was told that 195kg of cannabis had been "destroyed" by rats.

In another case involving 386kg of the drug, the police filed a report saying "some" of the cannabis was "eaten up by the rats".

Judge Chaudhary said some 700kg of marijuana seized by the police was lying in police stations in Mathura district and that "all of it was under danger of infestation by rats".
All female rats would be under stress because males don't have any control now :tearsofjoy:

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
  • Haha
Reactions: rootyme

rootyme

Himmatwala
Adept
Aug 13, 2021

ashish

Adept
Apr 9, 2005
Hom3

Here I go:

Speechless.
Well, anything is possible in reign of this govt.

Would like to appear for every exam in UP if writing God's name helps me clear it free... I wish govt. passes such quota as well for exams and proves BJP govts stupidity as they are already helping India grow backwards passing caste quotas and b*shit.
They should also legalise child marriages once again.
Also make India only women centric country as anyways all laws are in favour of women so ultimately might make India a lesbian nation if all or maximum men decide to settle or run abroad.
I may sound harsh but this is the sad reality of our nation. What people see is only constructive development but we lack the actual growth and day by day are rolling backwards.

Reactions: TEUser2K1

TEUser2K1

Skilled
Jul 16, 2007
Mumbai
@ashish
This may interest you:

rootyme

Himmatwala
Adept
Aug 13, 2021
Those blaming the govt for the news I posted. -
The article doesn't say this. The conclusion you reached has nothing to do with reality. I am pretty sure that individual corruption is to blame here and the government is not responsible for this. I can bet UP is not a state where writing God's name can pass you any exam and you know this very well.

Tbh this is TechEnclave's r/india moment. Part of the reason Reddit can be toxic is subreddits like r/India where a visit will make you believe we're in an apocalypse as a nation.

As mentioned in the thread starter, no political discussions will be allowed on this thread.

Edit: I had forgotten to write "No politics". Please count it as a rule from here onwards. This thread is only for fun and laughter over the absurd and nothing else.

Reactions: Kilroyquasar

TEUser2K1

Skilled
Jul 16, 2007
Mumbai
@dpandey
> Funny he says that. Because one African .. err .. I mean south Indian, Mr Mani Shankar Iyer, has the same views.

Don't think Iyer talked about cultural affinity, rather opposite of that.

Don't think south / African anywhere / will be happy about an nbomb hit on north-north west unlike those who are culturally more affine towards Pak (can't blame them, probably because of violently forced non-consensual regular racial intermixing after multiple wars were lost to barbarian invaders in that geography, thats in their DNA apparently):

Wait, what rabbit hole am getting into... will stop going on this path...

Last edited:

ashish

Adept
Apr 9, 2005
Hom3
Such blood and brain boiling threads shouldn't be encouraged nor allowed then..
Members are encouraged to post their reactions/opinions/commentaries alongside the news.
That's exactly what the members are doing
One of my friends, a PhD student in a east coast university, was asked to grade some junior student's papers. One of the students, who was most likely to fail, showed up at his office and threatened to thrash him up if he didn't pass. When my friend contacted his professor, the professor asked him to give the student the lowest passing marks and end the matter.
And these goons then start working as graduate doctors holding some shit phd and confident enough to treat patients on renowned hospitals and are involved in kidney rackets and kingpin.. Same graduates then go on to construct a multi-storey building only to have it collapsed within no time.
@mods, time to lock this thread. The "Party workers" have arrived :)
They are yet to see this thread else they would have painted this thread orange with saffron flags.. don't provoke them. Elections are going on.

rootyme

Himmatwala
Adept
Aug 13, 2021
That's exactly what the members are doing
Please remember not to be hateful/abusive. If you prefer to be a critic, please aim to post constructive criticism(s).
Strange. If this is what constructive criticism means, I'm sorry for using that phrase here.

Anyways, as the thread starter, I'm just letting the mods know that I'm not responsible for what's going on/what might go on here. This is not what I wanted and I'm sure nobody cares about that. People have their blood boiling on this thread when this want meant to be just for fun. Locking it is pointless. Maybe just nuke the thread if that's going to solve the issue. @Crazy_Eddy

Thanks. Unwatching and ignoring my own thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.