The Best of Sony...for 2013

^imgur.com.
imagshack is such a shite site, how do you handle it.

btw I don't know how are you using phone at max brightness. I use my all phones/laptops at zero brightness. When sun light falls on my phone, then only the need arrives to push it to "nearly" half. That's it.

Lol,I nevrr got such logic
Whats the use of investing in an amazing screen and keepong at minimum brightness? If you are worried about battery life you shud have considered it before you bought the device.
I keep my phone at max brightness and I get about 30hrs of use which more than my expectation.
Same goes for cases,dont get me started on that.

Lol,I nevrr got such logic
Whats the use of investing in an amazing screen and keepong at minimum brightness? If you are worried about battery life you shud have considered it before you bought the device.
I keep my phone at max brightness and I get about 30hrs of use which more than my expectation.
Same goes for cases,dont get me started on that.

Well, I never said that I do that to save battery life. I do so because I care for my eyes.

And goodness of a screen is never justified by the brightness. So you're wrong about that.

What about cases ? I didn't get that.

IAuto Low Light

The Manual image is 8mb...Imageshack isnt allowing me to upload files bigger than 5mb...any alternatives?
These pictures look ok. How do you find the white balance indoors ?

See people complaining about excessive yellow tints. Notice that at all.

Have you removed the default scratch guard ? one of my friend was trying to remove the scratch guard to put a new one and the sony logo on the top came off with the scratch guard.

Have you removed the default scratch guard ? one of my friend was trying to remove the scratch guard to put a new one and the sony logo on the top came off with the scratch guard.

That is not a scratch guard and shouldn't be removed. It is a part of the screen and exclusive to the tech used by Sony in manufacturing the glass, both front and back.

And its not a good idea, just get a screen protector and put it on top. Thing is OP has a folio case so its not really required, if it was exposed then it would be more necessary.

That is not a scratch guard and shouldn't be removed. It is a part of the screen and exclusive to the tech used by Sony in manufacturing the glass, both front and back.
There were a lot of scratches in the default scratch guard/tech. I dont see how people will use the phone without removing it. As far as i can see the one he remove looked exactly like a scratch guard, only thing was it was sticking to the display with a lot of glue, it took little more effort to remove than the standard guards which we use.

I have been using the phone without the Folio Case for 2 days and hav already started seeing minute scratches on the front and back,on the "Scratch Guard"..."Technically" it is not a scratch guard,it is an Anti-Shatter guard,so you dont hurt your self in case the screen breaks into a million pieces.
And yes,the Sony logo comes off along with it and removing this WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY (I have Inquired with Sony India about this)
So your options are to stick an actual Scratch Guard over this Anti-Shatter guard or Remove the anti shatter guard and put your own Scratch Guard.

you're going to have to get a screen protector for back & front now.

Which one you have in mind ? gadget shieldz ?

none...ill wait till the 1 yr warranty is out,remove the shatter guard and put a scratch guard.
i guess you meant to say that i stopped using the folio bcoz the sticky pad has become less effective? if so,it hasnt.iv stuck a plastic bookmark to it and use it when i spend long days out

No, i figured folio cases are not very practical to use. So it does not surprise me you did away with it. They look nice and are good for limited use. Taking photos is a pain with these things. I've asked around to see what price reduction i could get without it and it works out to something like Rs.500. No where near the Rs.2.8 k worth of value quoted on its box. However if you try to buy that muvit case seperately it would come up to Rs.2k.

The back glass will scratch if it isn't protected. I've seen nexus 4 people using gadget shields, and these wet screen protectors look much better compared to the normal ones. Little harder to apply but are more invisible. Ideally you also want to bumper case because the metallic sides are going to get dinged with regular use. Happens with the htc one, Z1 isn't going to be an exception. No way to prevent that. But haven't seen any good bumpers out yet. Ideally something tpu with a good trim fit, isn't too bulky would be perfect.

The Z1 also has a lanyard hole, i was thinking a little ring with a short string attached which your finger slots into every time you pick up the phone will reduce chances of accidentally dropping the phone.

@blr_p have you bought the phone or have you just read everything about it online?
Its what I call Virtual Possession Syndrome. You research a product so much,read its Pros and Cons so much that you get a feeling of actually owning the device and you start worrying about a product which you dont even own.

I dont see a question in your essay to reply to,just stuff you have heard(read) online.And if your questions are based on observations from online sites you should find their answers a few scrolls below(on the site you refer to)

And its Dr.Z1

Got my Z1 two days ago . I must say the phone gets slight worm even while browsing with 3g , not something to worry though . There are many software bugs like screen auto rotate not working in some apps , sd card is not detected in some apps etc . Overall a good phone . I am still on stock , does upgrading to 4.3 have any changes . Also battery life is little disappointing for a premium devise .

I dont see a question in your essay to reply to
How practical are folio cases for a mobile phone ? Hint: they're not, they're better with tabs.

How dumb is it go naked with a phone like this ? extremely so.

just stuff you have heard(read) online.And if your questions are based on observations from online sites you should find their answers a few scrolls below(on the site you refer to)
But can you counter anything i've said ? No instead we get some psycho babble about virtual possession syndrome whatever the F* that is.

I said the muvit case offered by Sony was useless, a case that depends on glue to use is a STUPID design. That you decided to go naked after such a short while proves it.

Nah, keep your useless 'gifts' Sony India and reduce the price. Why should i take a 5000mah battery if i can source a 10kmah battery elsewhere which will be much more useful than a 5k mah battery.

And its Dr.Z1
oh really. So tell me what accesories for the Z1 have you sourced since ?

Last edited:
Back