The BlackBerry PlayBook Thread

wish to buy a pb
two Q's
any way to transfer files between pb and my nokia e63
on e63 joikuspot gives ad hoc wifi but pb only supports infrastructure mode how to workaround??

Then i guess you only have 16GB and 64GB as an option....so choose according to ur needs
Nope,mkv files aren't supported at this time,maybe in the future updates....use avi/mp4,thts wht i use :)
Hi Yash,
Even I am looking to buy a pb 64gb. I need a little help from you. I already know that it supports pdf files, how has been your experience of reading pdf files on pb & does it support chm files. My buying decisions depends on these 2 factors. Thank you.

Hi Yash,
Even I am looking to buy a pb 64gb. I need a little help from you. I already know that it supports pdf files, how has been your experience of reading pdf files on pb & does it support chm files. My buying decisions depends on these 2 factors. Thank you.

The .pdf files open and work flawlessly on the playbook,i have tried reading a couple of ebooks while i was travelling and it doesn't give you any hiccups
On the other hand,i'm not to sure about the .chm files as i haven't come across the need to use it....but there is an App called "Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books" which allows you to operate on .chm format...
Hope this helps...
Feel free to ask anything you have doubts about :)

So you dont have mkv format ? Since most movies are on mkv now.I'm not sure whether i'll root it or not since it does not seems to have any advantage of rooting.

@dinjo
Most of my Music Videos are in MKV but since the playbook doesn't support it,i have to convert them into mp4
And since i only have 16GB of storage converting the videos saves me some space and i don't loose on the quality factor as well.....

With WiFi streaming,you will get roughly around 8-9hrs of continous usage

wish to buy a pb
two Q's
any way to transfer files between pb and my nokia e63
on e63 joikuspot gives ad hoc wifi but pb only supports infrastructure mode how to workaround??
@dasgupta_arup,
I guess there are no workarounds for your issue at the moment.....
Wifi sharing is currently supported only between your playbook and the PC

Last edited by a moderator:
@YashBhatt
Did you tried mkv with AAC audio container ? they seems to be working.

Also should i update to latest version since the latest version does not support android market , isn't there a dice player working on playbook it can definitely play mkvs

Smartshoppers has the 32GB PB listed for 14,799. I bought it from them mainly because they were giving an original BB leather sleeve free with the purchase. Also, at the time of purchase it was the lowest price I could find.

Blackberry PlayBook 32GB

@YashBhatt
Did you tried mkv with AAC audio container ? they seems to be working.

Also should i update to latest version since the latest version does not support android market , isn't there a dice player working on playbook it can definitely play mkvs

Nope,i Haven't tried the mkv files with AAC Audio container
I mainly play on the default PB player so dunno about the dice player...:ashamed:

@letmein
thanks for the link of 32gb PB
how was the overall service of that site?
Was the pb on os2?
If i buy a pb with os1 underwarranty will service centre upgrade it free of charge??

@letmein
thanks for the link of 32gb PB
how was the overall service of that site?
Was the pb on os2?
If i buy a pb with os1 underwarranty will service centre upgrade it free of charge??

OS upgrading can be done from the Playbook itself...
Alternatively,you just need Wifi or Internet on your PC/Notebook,no need for a service center guy to mess it up... :)

@YashBhatt
u r right
actually haven't got access to free wifi :(
and through my 3G connection that 500+mb download will cost me a few 100 bucks
thats the reason for the question

And with the new Android player in latest FW. What one will miss without rooting? Additionally after rooted can it play any android app?

USB OTG is the only missing feature(something I would love to have).

It can play a lot of apps, some of them have trouble with conversions. But rest assured, you will find something similar that works. CrackBerry forums has pretty much everything you might need.

Back