The book I am reading currently

Finished reading this, great book if you're interested in the science and history behind the periodic table, artificial elements and their discoveries. Managed to read 200 pages when I was travelling to my hometown.
1000142335.jpg

20th book of the year: reading The Frugal Wizard's Handbook for Surviving Medieval England by Brandon Sanderson. I haven't really found anything in the LitRPG genre that was done well, but so far, this seems pretty fun and well executed

I completed The Three Body Problem trilogy and, Wow! This is one of the best sci-fi stories I've ever read! The pacing was quite good and it was literally a page-turner. The characters are (for the most part) fleshed out well. Though I think by the ending, Liu probably did not know how to proceed, we at least get some satisfaction. Highly recommended for any sci-fi lover.

I've finished reading Overlord Vol. 5, It is Slightly better than the Anime but I'd recommend just watching the anime for anyone new to the series.

Currently reading Homeland from The Dark Elf trilogy by R A Salvatore. It's pretty good so far, I got into it because of Baldur's Gate 3.

I finished The Frugal Wizard's Handbook for Surviving Medieval England (boy, that title is a mouthful!) and I really enjoyed it. It seems like it didn't land very well with people who were used to Sanderson's usual writing. But it worked well for me. It was a good mix of comedy, mystery, action and world building with a solid emotional core and that made it a highly entertaining read for me. Would recommend!

Reading Our Share of Night by Mariana Enriquez now. I'd been putting this off for a while because the subject matter seemed really heavy and also because it seemed like it would be a very satisfying read specifically for me because of the tropes it employs. I'm about 15-20% and so far, it's really good! Really moody and pretty heavy. Fairly horny, too, but I don't mind that. Just thought I should mention it in case someone picked it up and got caught off guard by the horniness :tearsofjoy:

Just finished Into Oblivion by Arnaldur Indridason (Inspector Erlendur, #1). Can't wait to start the second one. I haven't read any mystery/crime books before and this was definitely a great one to start.

Finished The Murderbot Diaries and would recommend! It was really fun and interesting. Now, I'm reading The Gone World by Tom Sweterlitsch
i read the first in the series of the murderbot diaries. Liked it, short direct with a great story to keep me hooked....are the others in the series the same?

i read the first in the series of the murderbot diaries. Liked it, short direct with a great story to keep me hooked....are the others in the series the same?

Yup! Most of the books in the series are episodic novellas. There are two/three books that are full-on novels. I really enjoyed those because you get to meet some characters that you want to spend a lot more time with ;)

Picked up my first audiobook using the Libby app and currently listening to Weapons of Math Destruction by Cathy O'Neil. Would highly recommend to anyone who wishes to understand the algorithms and systems that are increasingly controlling our lives should give this a read!

Back