The book I am reading currently

Done with
  • The Kill List - Frederick Forsyth : 3.5/5 : A typical Forsyth thriller. Its a story of a islamic 'preacher' who's online videos inspires normal guys in first world nations to comit murder and how a US detective 'tracker' tracks him down. It got very intriguing and detailed investigation. A decent read.
  • Girl with a Dragon Tattoo : 4/5 : It was pedning from a long time. A very fine book. And may be bacause of the translation, I found the English is quite easy to read than many other English authors.

Finished the Ashwin Sanghi series and also read his latest Private India written along with James Patterson. Looking forward to start the Private series from James. Any other suggestions for a Thriller

Done with
  • Devotion of Suspect X - by Keigo Higashino : 4.5/5 : The story is of a accidental murder and how a genius mathematician helps the murderer to evade the investigation. And another genius physicist friend of the mathematician helps the police with the investigations.
  • The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson : 3.5/5 : I didn't liked it as much as the #1 book in the series. The story was quite straight and revolves around 'Lisbeth Salander' - how she becomes the most wanted criminal in country.
  • The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson : 4/5 : Though story isn't that long, book is of huge volume. Not much of a suspense, revealed quite early. Lots of characters investigating each other becomes confusing some times. :D Whole book is about how to get 'Lisbeth Salander' the justice she deserves and few others, The Section, trying the opposite. Decent ending to the series. (btw, number of pages of the millenium series books are 550, 650, 750 respectively :D )

I would rather suggest changing the name of the thread to 'Rate the book you read'
Just using the thread as a logbook, without a single word on the story seems pretty much a waste of time for the others.

Agreed.

Finished
  • Shall we tell the president - Archer : 2/5 : worst book in the trilogy.
  • One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez : 1/5 : One of most boring book I have read. Took me 45+ days to complete. Seriously I didn't get what was this about. Its a weird fantasy story spanned over 100+ years, with all/most characters having 'almost' the same name (creating a hell of confusion), and written in very hard language (I had to read most of the sentences more than once.)
  • If Tomorrow Comes - Sidney Sheldon : 2.5/5 : this is the first Sidney Sheldon book I have read and its like a south indian action movie. (too damn predictable all the time).

Started
  • Killing Floor - Jack Reacher #1 : Lee Child : 2.5/5 (till 50%) : like somewhere I read - a typical 80's action flick.

OK, thats a lots of crap I have read wasting lots of time. :(
Next I want to pick something good, something worthy...and vote goes to LOTR. \m/

btw, should I read Hobbit before the LOTR trilogy or it doesn't matter ?[DOUBLEPOST=1412924928][/DOUBLEPOST]And who have read "Half Girlfriend" yet ?? :eek:

• One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez : 1/5 : One of most boring book I have read. Took me 45+ days to complete. Seriously I didn't get what was this about. Its a weird fantasy story spanned over 100+ years, with all/most characters having 'almost' the same name (creating a hell of confusion), and written in very hard language (I had to read most of the sentences more than once.)

...seriously?

Dan Brown's Inferno came in today.

Was(is???) on sale at Amazon @160

Lost symbol by dan brown and be careful what you wish for by jeffrey archer will be delivered soon

...seriously?
yeah. The story I can tolerate, I don't always read for the story. But I felt no pleasure reading it - till say half it was okay. But later I lost in the 'names' (everybody named Aureliano or Arcadio ) and words (always using rarest synonym for the words, I had to switch to ebook from paperback since I had to use the dictionary so often :p)

He's probably new to reading or to books. I had same opinion about 100 yrs when I was noob. 100 yrs is not for beginners.
:D
I better hope so. I am not reading any other classics till I become a 'pro' :D

But later I lost in the 'names' (everybody named Aureliano or Arcadio ) and words (always using rarest synonym for the words, I had to switch to ebook from paperback since I had to use the dictionary so often :p)
Its same with his books :p Read Love in the time of Cholera.

Finished
Started
  • Killing Floor - Jack Reacher #1 : Lee Child : 2.5/5 (till 50%) : like somewhere I read - a typical 80's action flick.

OK, thats a lots of crap I have read wasting lots of time. :(
Next I want to pick something good, something worthy...and vote goes to LOTR. \m/
Agree about Jack Reacher. Its a classic 80's flick. I have finished all of his novels. Its boat loads of fun.

Just finished Scorpion in the Sea by P.T.Deutermann. Would rate it 4/5. Excellent book. Also finished in the last month:
1. Pacific Glory by P.T.Deutermann : 4/5. Its similar to Pearl Harbor movie but beautifully written. Authentic world war experience.
2. Sweepers by P.T.Deutermann: 3/5. Typical thriller.
3. Official Privilege: 3/5. Same as above.

Is "The Finisher" by David Baldacci any good?

Back