The book I am reading currently

Currently reading - Ikigai: The Japanese secret to a long and happy life.
One of the best books that redefine happiness and tells us how to live a fulfilled life.

Reading "Trust me I'm lying" by Ryan Holiday.

Talks in detail about how media manipulation is at the core of almost everything we see online, and any site, including "prestigious" ones like NYT are not immune to it. Very interesting read.

Currently reading Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. Finished The Kite Runner, And The Mountains Echoed, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Stationery Shop and Em and the Big Hoom earlier in the year. Happy reading!

Some recent reads
  1. One of Us is Lying : 7/10 - decent mystery.
  2. Misjudged - (James Chandler) 6/10 : (legal thriller) may be I was expecting another Grisham. Took more than I expected to build the premise. Later half was good though.
  3. Die Trying - Jack Reacher #2 : 4/10 - Jack Reacher books are sometime fun, few I find way too boring. This falls on the second category.

Currently reading(!)
  1. Foundation & Empire (Foundation #2) - Isaac Asimov - I started this few months ago, but couldn't complete. Giving it a go again.
  2. Dune Messiah (Dune #2) - this one I am listening to the Audiobook in Youtube during my evening walk.

Oryx and Crake (My 21st book of the year :cool:) and what a book.

If you like Atwood, and haven't read this one, you absolutely must.

This is one sick, twisted, lurid, allegorical, dystopian genre-bender of a novel that makes you wonder, gasp, think, chortle, weep, and laugh out loud at the absurdity of it all.

Do let us know your views !!
I had read few of his books in the past (Devotion of suspect x, Malice, Salvation of a saint & journey under the midnight sun), but not following his recent works.
Forgot to update this. Silent Parade was good, with the usual plot twists that you have now come to expect from the author. A few chapters in, you can already predict the way it will go. However, it still managed to keep me engaged. I'll rate it a 3 out of 5.

Now reading:
The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

do you guys ordering physical copies of books or reading on kindle or some app ?
My house and my bag cannot accommodate anymore books. I have, for the past 9 years been on ereaders.

The past four years have been even more digital considering I have begun reading 5 or 6 books at a time and I cannot carry them all along.

do you guys ordering physical copies of books or reading on kindle or some app ?
I buy the paperbacks but read *ahem* copies in Kindle of the same book.

Listen to audiobooks in Youtube while travelling or going for a walk.

Started reading - Wheel of Time #1 - The Eye of the World.
Listening to : Foundation #4 - Foundation's Edge (link)

Recently completed : Foundation #2, #3 (read #1 sometime last year).
I started reading the foundation series after watching the series Foundation in AppleTV.
Seems they deviated a lot from the Asimov's story.

Forgot to update this. Silent Parade was good, with the usual plot twists that you have now come to expect from the author. A few chapters in, you can already predict the way it will go. However, it still managed to keep me engaged. I'll rate it a 3 out of 5.
Thanks for the update. I might pick this one once my in-progress list is done.

Just finished 'Project Hail Mary'. For me it's one of the greatest book of I have listened to.

Story is fast and very gripping. It's a rare scientific novel literature which doesn't assume the reader is a stupid (looking at you interstellar movie). I have followed astrophysics all my life and this book made me feel home. Despite it includes interstellar travel, meeting up with an alien and many crazy sounding things, the author hasn't excused the reality and current science.

Pure nerdfest.

Reading Sejal Badlani's Trail of Broken Wings right now. A bit slow and even daunting so far, but rewards you with details and emotions in abundance.

Back