The current state of GaaN chargers.

Attachments

• 20230713_212029.jpg
    20230713_212029.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Do you know what GaaN tech is ? If it wasn't advertised as one, why do you think it is a GaaN charger ?
Because the product page on amazon for this chrager redirects to gaan chargers now and i cant seem to find the listing for this product .

AND also the fact that this 33w charger is smaller than 5/10W chargers.

Because the product page on amazon for this chrager redirects to gaan chargers now and i cant seem to find the listing for this product .

AND also the fact that this 33w charger is smaller than 5/10W chargers.
Well some reading will help -
And its GaN and not GaaN .. correcting myself, sigh !

People who are using Spigen PE2007 70W, does it support Samsung's super fast charging? 45W or 25W?
Also as per specs, it is 9V 3A max, so how does it support 50W charging?
No. Unfortunately it doesn’t support PPS. Very few chargers do

The only decent Multi output 100W charger available from a decent brand I could found find, which includes PPS, is this one - https://amzn.eu/d/46UuXDq

Last edited:
Programmable Power Supply (PPS) is a standard that refers to the advanced charging technology for USB-C devices. It can modify voltage and current in real-time by feeding maximum power based on a device's charging status.

The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), a nonprofit group that supports the marketing and promotion of the Universal Serial Bus (USB), added PPS Fast Charging to the USB PD 3.0 standard in 2017. This allows data to be exchanged every 10 seconds, making a dynamic adjustment to the output voltage and current based on the condition of the receiving device's specifications.

Common devices that currently support PPS technology: Samsung Note 10 series, Samsung S20/ S21/ S21 series.

PPS' main advantage over other standards is its capability to lower conversion loss during charging. This means that less heat is generated, which lengthens the device battery's lifespan.

Back