The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to do with cabling of port mapping

More weird is that initially when I had bought the battery pack, it did work with the stock cable. Do you have any advice off what I can do to resolve this ?
Also my other USB to micro USB cables for android phones work fine, any random cable.

it lost its charge holding capacity and within one yr it was below 50% of its rated capacity.
it would barely last for 10-12 hrs on full charge.

@pratikb: You mean the battery charging case's charge holding capacity went down. Not the iphone's internal battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much Amperage does a laptop port provide ? I charge my iPhone daily using my laptop's port and not using a wall socket. Is it ok to do it this way ?

^^ i have always used laptop or desktop to charge my iphone 3/4/5 for past 3-4 years never faced any problem. But ya i heard something similar from one of my friend who was using a battery pack on iphone that battery life deteriorated fast. I have used a 1750mah battery pack on my iphone 4 earlier and never faced any problem with that.

I'm actually thinking of getting a genuine battery case. Not for daily use, but for when I go to music festivals and stuff.
It's a pain carrying the battery pack with cable in the pockets of the cargo shorts :\

Yes it does . But only with ios devices iirc.
Yes that is fine. I want it between my iPad and iPhone only but direct wifi connection without having any home wifi. I had tried last time but dont know why it never worked and started using bluetooth to transfer which is not feasible for large video files.

Got the iphone 4s battery charger case using the groupon deal.

Pretty sleek and very good finish. The only complaint i have about the case is that the phone's screen protrudes, so doesnt provide complete protection if you place your phone screen-down on a surface.

Haven't tried a full run-down of the phone battery and charge with the case, yet.

It gets heated when the case charges the phone, and by 20% increase in charge, it reaches its peak "hotness".

I usually charge my iphone through a PC/laptop, so i hope this shouldnt be different in terms of amps supplied.
But i'm still worried due to the reasons mentioned above.
So i've decided to use it for long days, when i might have to travel, rather than a daily-use charger.

@Vince

Do keep us updated about it. I too did not get it for the same reasons of screen not being covered and possibly battery going bad.
I have a new trent battery pack (7000 mAh rating) and it works well but as i mentioned before that for some really stupid reason it refuses to charge the iPhone using the normal USB to 30 pin connector and instead works only with its own cable. The only problem is that new trent cable does not fit through my case so when i want to use the battery pack (mostly for my bus travels to Mumbai) i change my case to a fake otterbox through which it fits fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back