The Desktop Thread!!

rahul1059 said:
loving linux ....kde 4.2 is rocking ...

2hdmu0m.jpg

Looks cool , can you please post the wallpaper?

Its probably Kubuntu/Ubuntu with KDE 4.2 Desktop since he is new to Linux I guess its Kubuntu :p

As far as wallpaper here you go.. I am posting both 16:9 and 4:3 for both WS and non WS monitors :)

Yes it does.. You have to add repositories and then install KDE 4.2, package should be task-kde4.2 or something similar..

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/4.2.0/Mandriva/2009.0/README

If you want KDE 4.2 out of the box in Mandriva.. I would suggest you to install Mandriva 2009.1 Beta.. Its quite stable but if you have ATI graphics stay away there is some problem with ABI changes.. 2009.1 Errata - Mandriva Community Wiki

For more info of 2009.1 http://www.techenclave.com/open-source/mandriva-2009-1-discussion-thread-124875.html

sorry for late reply ...was not online for sometime

mine is ubuntu 8.10 and i installed kde 4.2 in it ......kde 4.2 is really cool in a lot of aspects and as i m using linux (ubuntu 8.10 ) i m happy using it.....wallpaper link already posted by darky

Back to my real love XFCE after a brief fling with gnome (see above). A new desktop setup for the rest of this month that's clean and simple:

Back