The Desktop Thread!!

kuld33p said:
Here are my Desktopz.. Can anyone guess which ones are on VMware.. and which one is Real one...

Windows XP SP3
6utqb7r.jpg

Vista Ultimate
8giu4vq.jpg

Fedora Core
81fjkv8.jpg

OS X Tiger
6o650cw.jpg

KNOPPIX
8g6hjsy.jpg

Dream Linux
7359uhh.jpg

Windows 98
6wmsp51.jpg
win XP SP3 is windows blinds so it's fake

Vista Ultimate is fake

Here are my Desktopz.. Can anyone guess which ones are on VMware.. and which one is Real one...
Windows XP SP3
Vista Ultimate
Fedora Core is real

OS X Tiger is Real

KNOPPIX i m little doubtful about this

Dream Linux is real

Windows 98 Oh common who can apply that as a theme ofcouece it's real

^^ I have used the wallpaper with Skydome to make it like this .. To enable Skydome Open Compiz Config Settings Manager now click on Desktop Cube option under Appearance tab there is a drop down list with Sky Dome as its heading .. Enable it and locate the wallpaper you want to use :)

hey there is a same utility which brings compiz effects to the windows platform it is called yodm 3d and it is actually quite nice and dark star where did u get that wallpaper please post the link

Do you guys really like those useless effects? :p It'll only slow down the system and eat up a lot of valuable processing power in Windows...:p And you'll get bored of those effects in no time..:p I never use those effects evn in linux(Sabayon) as it looks pretty amateur and is not bug free...:no:

All the effects are not useless . Most of them are really good and you can disable those u dont like so it wont hog the system resources .

ubergeek said:
hey there is a same utility which brings compiz effects to the windows platform it is called yodm 3d and it is actually quite nice and dark star where did u get that wallpaper please post the link

Here you go : -

Private Ryan said:
Do you guys really like those useless effects? :p It'll only slow down the system and eat up a lot of valuable processing power in Windows...:p And you'll get bored of those effects in no time..:p I never use those effects evn in linux(Sabayon) as it looks pretty amateur and is not bug free...:no:

Actually it depends on you that you like the effects or not :p Though I have to agree with you on Windows part that it will make it more slow :p so better use it with *nix system ...and as far as System Hog Compiz is no system hog .. I have very old system and it works like a charm in it so it must work flawlessly in new comps..

Well, i never said tht Compiz is a system hog in linux, but yes, i still think tht its not bug free...;) I've seen it crash a few times in my sabayon and in my friend's Ubuntu gutsy setup...neways, i do not use it at all...:p

Private Ryan said:
Do you guys really like those useless effects? :p It'll only slow down the system and eat up a lot of valuable processing power in Windows...:p And you'll get bored of those effects in no time..:p I never use those effects :no:
+1
:)
actually i follow one more approach;) ...i have tons of those eyecandy program installed...but when i need more processing power or play games or got bored i just kill them off with "KillProcess program:hap2: "......and get instent arround 50mb ram free in no time....though i get slower startup of system but i rearly turn off my pc......it is 24/7

Back