The Desktop Thread!!

Rogues

Disciple
Jul 26, 2010
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
I guess I'm the only one who likes a minimalistic desktop. I find it easier to concentrate on the stuff that I need to do and the responsiveness is blazing fast.

Panel : Tint2 Self Configured.
Conky : Self Configured.

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
adizz said:
214cr.jpg
hey man, could you share how you got this.

Guys please when you post something that makes others drool, please please mention how to achieve it!!!

EDIT:

Whats the wallpaper. SHare man I'm getting jumpy.!

XTechManiac

Adept
May 1, 2010
Kolkata
comp@ddict said:

Guys please when you post something that makes others drool, please please mention how to achieve it!!!

+1

comp@ddict said:

Hey, I stumbled across this awesome website - TinEye Reverse Image Search

What this tool do is, it finds out the original image, if modified versions of the image exist.

So, I just uploaded that image on that website, and came across the real one. - 1 result - TinEye

Edit: Sigh, its not fetching a higher resolution one.. Though this trick works 'perfectly' with most of the images.

vpraveenis

Adept
Jul 8, 2006
comp@ddict said:

EDIT:

I tried to search for it and gave up a couple of months back. If you can find it do share the link.

Guys when posting a screenshot, please post the details of wallpaper/theme/widgets used

dovakhiin

Adept
Jan 17, 2012
Bangalore
My Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop:)

The theme is very minimal and there's not much customisation on the desktop...but its pleasant to the eye.I've been using it for a while and i'm lovin it!

dovakhiin

Adept
Jan 17, 2012
Bangalore
^sorry....what's adizz?Just curious.

EDIT:Never mind I found out.I thought you were talking about some theme that's gonna release.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

gokufan said:
Dude I really like your theme especially the panel on top.Which OS is this.?Please tell me how to create that type of transparency for the panel.

adizz

Disciple
Mar 7, 2009
comp@ddict said:

EDIT:

Here's the wallpaper

Using -
Rocketdock, objectdock with ecqlipse icons.
Rainmeter with Desk_five clock, Vclouds weather
All the rest is rainmeter enigma skin.

deep16

Adept
Aug 9, 2010
hyderabad
nuke'em said:
My Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop:)

The theme is very minimal and there's not much customisation on the desktop...but its pleasant to the eye.I've been using it for a while and i'm lovin it!

nice theme... mind to share the link with the wallpaper also ?

dovakhiin

Adept
Jan 17, 2012
Bangalore
deep16 said:
nice theme... mind to share the link with the wallpaper also ?
Thanks...:)
I'm using,
OS - Ubuntu 11.04 Unity Desktop
Theme - Zukitwo
Conky Theme - ConkyKen
Wallpaper - Gradiante(Link given on the Zukitwo page)
Font- Santana(not recommended..its faulty)
Other info like icon theme on Zukitwo page.Tell me if you need any other info.

vpraveenis

Adept
Jul 8, 2006
XTechManiac said:
+1

Hey, I stumbled across this awesome website - TinEye Reverse Image Search

What this tool do is, it finds out the original image, if modified versions of the image exist.

So, I just uploaded that image on that website, and came across the real one. - 1 result - TinEye

Edit: Sigh, its not fetching a higher resolution one.. Though this trick works 'perfectly' with most of the images.

Try the new google image search.. It works superb.. try with the same image as an exapmle :)

comp@ddict said:
Here you go!

205fjvl.jpg

Great!! Looks cool.. the world clock goes well with the wallie.. I am grabbing it today!!

viralbug

Skilled
Mar 7, 2007
Navi Mumbai
vpraveenis said:
Try the new google image search.. It works superb.. try with the same image as an exapmle :)

Great!! Looks cool.. the world clock goes well with the wallie.. I am grabbing it today!!
It's just posted a few posts above.